Ironton 10in. Multi-Sliding Compound Miter Saw

will86c

So I'm the market to replace my million year old Delta miter saw. I've been doing a lot of shopping around online and I came across this saw sold at Northern Tool. (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641848_200641848). My budget is about $250 max, as I'm not a professional. I can't find any independent videos or reviews of the thing online. There is a single review on the website and a short preview video. Has anyone seen one of these in action? I've never bought anything from Northern Tool before, I'm assuming Ironton is a house brand.

46780_700x700.jpg

46780.jpg

4 hours ago, will86c said:

So I'm the market to replace my million year old Delta miter saw. I've been doing a lot of shopping around online and I came across this saw sold at Northern Tool. (http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641848_200641848). My budget is about $250 max, as I'm not a professional. I can't find any independent videos or reviews of the thing online. There is a single review on the website and a short preview video. Has anyone seen one of these in action? I've never bought anything from Northern Tool before, I'm assuming Ironton is a house brand.

46780_700x700.jpg

46780.jpg

Welcome to the forum dude. Never heard of them but I'm home today because my little boy isn't feeling so hot so figured I'd look into the saw. Which revealed nothing. Be mindful the brand gets really high reviews on Northern Tools website but this only has one, presumably because it's new. Also, no blade included though truthfully with few exceptions that's the first thing to go when. You get a new saw so depending on what you want your out $15 or more (Diablo, Forrest etc....$$-$$$$$$). Also this looks similar to the Hitachi slider mechanism which is a great slide in that it allows you to push this sucker right up to the wall which will save a LOT of room. 

One piece of advice....I don't know who you are or your plans but whatever they may be if you plan on taking it seriously, shop around and save coins if you want to buy something special. Don't fret the cash out. Though truthfully at face value, this looks like a well thought out homeowner saw with a 15amp motor and dual bevel so....the blade is where I'd put the money!

I didn't realize it before but it's actually on sale on the website, regular price is $329. I went by the store on my way home today to see if they had one out. I looks like a pretty solid unit, it also seems quite large for a 10" saw.

Kobalt and Ryobi were on the top of my list. I just need something for home projects and hobby work. I work with metal for my day job, so anything with wood I just do for fun.

I have a delta now, but it's very old and the blade guard broke recently. It also has a very limited cutting capacity.