Which air compressor?

Carver67

Just venting here a bit.  I had started this post about which air compressor?  I really appreciated everyone's opinion on this.  So I finally decided on Lowes quiet tech air compressor and today I drove 78 miles to a Lowes store.   Walked in to where it was displayed about 6 weeks ago and it was no longer there.  So, I asked about if they had one in stock and the guy looked on the computer and I gave him the sku number from the Lowes website which I had up on my phone.  He said, it says zero in stock and it is not on order for stocking anymore.  He could not explain why.  I am confused about this.  Does anyone know anything about why Lowes will not be selling this compressor anymore?  Is there something wrong with the Kobalt quiet compressor, a recall or something, just not selling in the Midwest for some reason for lack of sales, ect.  If anyone knows why I would appreciate an answer as I was planning on purchasing this.  If not, I plan on contacting Kobalt next week.  Thanks.

Follow up. Long story, but I found one in Kansas City and they are shipping it directly to me.  Shipping charge was only $13.00 so I figured it was worth it.  The lady at the Special Orders Department at Lowes was very helpful in resolving this issue.  I really still do not understand the issue other than some kind of supplier issue currently.  She did say that Lowes will be ordering a little over 500 units but it may be a month before they hit the shelves.

I have not read all the reply's so forgive me if this has already been discussed. I bought this last year and have used it about a dozen times. I have never been disappointed. And the price is really good...I have never seen it this low. 

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-6-gallon-oil-less-pancake-compressor-and/p-00916575000P?SID=IMxdCx-CoreTools-V2-activeusers&utm_medium=2706_92012_CoreTools

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree California Air is quiet especially indoors.

I bought a 220v air compressor 30+ years ago and the tank rusted out.  Replacement tanks are not cost effective, so you might as well get a new compressor.  One of the first things I bought after my tank rusted out was a California Air just because of the aluminum tank and I'm glad I did.  I finally found a broken compressor with a good tank (took over 1 1/2 years)  at a garage sale.  Now I have to transfer the compressor to the new tank.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You have to keep in mind that an air compressor is never big enough. 

First you pick one to blow up your kids inflatable items, then you need to inflate your car tire and suddenly you have to paint your house. 

With that said, I would not go for the smallest one you need right now. But as long you stay within your budget and find something that's easy to move around. I would go with the best PSI option as possible. 

Wish you guys the best of luck

I bought my parents a husky easy air last year and when I do demos at the home depot I use the easy air because it's small and portable and has sufficient air flow.

It definitely has enough air to power 18ga brads, 18ga stapler, and 16ga finish nailer continuously because the amount of air it uses to push that small faster into the wood is very small and the tank can refill itself way before you ever make it drop enough in pressure to notice a difference. So for what you want to use it for I'm sure you'll never run out of the air. Heck even when I do framer and roofing nailer demos I use the easy air and I get around 5-8 nails in a row before the heads stop going all the way down.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...