New flexvolt or makita 18x2 chainsaw

joemontague

On 2/9/2017 at 9:25 PM, joemontague said:

I want to sell my stihl  ms 170  and get either  the new makita  or dewalt  chainsaw  I have plenty  of each battery  so that's not a deciding  factor  just want the one with the most power any help

Flip a coin, but makita is more powerful and likely has more run time.

• 4 weeks later...

They say the x2 is more powerful yet the flexvolt wont be released until April 1st. The flexvolt should be a bit more efficient since it has higher voltage and possibly a bit more powerful but we cant really say until it has been tested. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, M80 said:

That's great, $389 for a kit with a dual port charger and two 5.0 batteries, bare tool is $279. Even if I had a bunch of batteries I'd probably spend the extra $110 because you can't get a single 5.0 for that cheap let alone two of them.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 2:19 PM, Jronman said:

They say the x2 is more powerful yet the flexvolt wont be released until April 1st. The flexvolt should be a bit more efficient since it has higher voltage and possibly a bit more powerful but we cant really say until it has been tested. 

Found a video of the Flexvolt trimmer and blower vs the m18 versions. Power wise the guy says the Flexvolt was better. 

• 2 weeks later...
I love my 18v x2 Makita chainsaw. Battery life is awesome, you would never know it's not brushless. Weight and balance are also surprisingly good. Would recommend highly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makita x2 stuff is great as well, the new chainsaw is bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk