Felder

Jronman

Anyone ever used or heard of Felder? Swiss company I believe. The tools they make look really nice. Mostly cabinet/furniture grade power tools. The table saw looks nice. It has a built in slide which is good for panel work. There is also a planer with digital thickness readout. The most interesting one I saw was a joiner that could also be a planer. If price indicates anything I would say Felder is at least Powermatic quality.

Do I go as far as to say highest quality cabinet grade tools on the market?

well the price of the top of the line models are similarly priced. the highest priced Felder table saw is over $5000 same with Powermatic PM3000. The highest priced PM2000 is a bit above $3000

after a quick double check of prices the Felders were on sale. Normaly go for over $8000.

The person I bought my Powermatic jointer from was a hobbyist woodworker.  He was replacing the Powermatic with a Felder planer jointer combo.  They look like beautiful machines but I have never run one. 

There is a guy by me selling some old Oliver iron.  The machines look like they are in great condition. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tls/5976206321.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tls/6007352243.html

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tls/5978470796.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

These are high end furniture making tools, only the big rich boys get to play with these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, but every time I struggle and I'm not happy with my work. I say there is some craftsman out there that used to do all this with just hand tools.  

Everytime I look for woodworking tools on CL another cabinet shop is going out of business.

10 hours ago, SetBuilder said:

Yeah, but every time I struggle and I'm not happy with my work. I say there is some craftsman out there that used to do all this with just hand tools.  

You know there is something to be said about less tools. Cough cough...

Honestly, I was once a wizard with a small selection of tools and because I used them a lot and knew how they responded. There is a huge benefit to familiarity. I now have tools that I rarely use and I am a beginner each time I pull them off the shelf.

The truth is if you have a decent table saw, a router, a few ounces of patience and a decent functioning brain you can do anything you want.

• 2 weeks later...