Tough System Wall Mounts

regopit

1 hour ago, mohawkdec said:

that sucks, i have been looking at these for my van, figures,, that would have been too easy

At least they are telling you up front, not to do it. I am sure when they show up on HomeDepot.com , some idiot will install them in a van and rate it one star and tell folks why it was unsatisfactory for the job.

There was another thread: 

that mentioned them with pictures, and a description of the differences in the brackets (on page 2). From what it sounds like the brackets are lighter because they won't be moving like on the trolley/ hand truck and taking abuse. I also think the vertical tubes come in multiple pieces instead of one piece tubes (it makes it easier and cheaper to ship with a 2 1/2 foot box instead of one 5 feet long. So the strength would be compromised there too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

that sucks, i have been looking at these for my van, figures,, that would have been too easy

I think it is more of a liability issue. If they would brake loose in a accident and come flying forward and hit the driver or passenger they don't want the liability and dodge the lawsuit. 

6 hours ago, regopit said:

I think it is more of a liability issue. If they would brake loose in a accident and come flying forward and hit the driver or passenger they don't want the liability and dodge the lawsuit. 

i dont know, when i bought

my van i had it outfitted with 3000.00 worth of adrian steel shelving units, nothing is secure there i have bungi cords all over keeping things on the shelves. I want to take one side off and use the the tough system, i guess ill just have to bite the bullet and make my own. ill just  need more beer

• Like 2

You can do what you want. If you want to put them in your van or trailer it on you to make it work and DeWalt takes no Liability.

You can get them now at the Tool Barn http://www.toolbarn.com/dewalt-dwst08260.html?psrid=226090146 or at Amce Tools http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dwst08260?cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-SaS-_-290560-_-619300 For $99.99

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, snohiker said:

I wish they came with the arms there showing I'm not a big fan of the solid ones I have two racks in my trailer and need the arm to fold so I can get Hvac equipment in the trailer , other than that there working greaygreat

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

I've had theses two in there for almost two months and nothing hit the floor yet got two more going in soon totes on one side hardware and tools on the other 

17 hours ago, 77Ford01 said:

Big disappointment.......DeWalt cheaply made the brackets for this wall mounted system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I wasn't to happy about that the ones you see mounted now need to collapse so I can fit geo thermal units in the trailer so it looks like I'll be spending some cash on brackets , if you notice tho they show the good brackets in the video 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...