18V Brushless Trim Router

marsh942

Makita Australia is showing a coming soon banner on their main page, but there is no other information available...

https://www.makita.com.au/

One hopes that when they get around to releasing this in the states that there will be a kit available with all of the bases included, just like the corded trim router.

On 04/03/2017 at 11:50 AM, JMG said:

Makita Australia is showing a coming soon banner on their main page, but there is no other information available...

https://www.makita.com.au/

One hopes that when they get around to releasing this in the states that there will be a kit available with all of the bases included, just like the corded trim router.

According to Makita Au Facebook page all the accessories for the RT0700CX will fit this new cordless beast! 

I have at least six trim routers in my kit, and if this model becomes available here in the US shortly after its release in Australia, and also withstands the first test, I could see it replacing all of the current ones I keep. Most of the ones I have are set up for specific operations that do not generally require constant power and I find it easier and more efficient to grab a specific trimmer for a task than to change up and make adjustments every time I need one. One out of the group is kept for the purpose of the misc. setups that are not needed on a regular basis, and that unit might see longer runs in one setting than the others do,but overall, the trim routers are not a workhorse in the shop or on the job site. They are the convenient, quick fix, inexpensive tool that save me time and take up minimal space and not having to drag out a wire every time I need one would just be icing on the cake.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@muddychip Oh yeah I've seen those. They are compatible with Systainers. We hardly ever get stuff in tstacks over in N.A. Mostly bags come with kits. I think makita is just bags as well. Sometimes a single tool kit will come in a blow molded case. On the rare ocasion we may get a special deal that comes with a tstack. Did I see Hitachi's modular boxes are Makpacs but with different color scheme? I really like modular cases and wouldn't mind getting them in kits instead of bags. I'd be willing to pay a premium if kits came in tough boxes. 10 extra bux to swap out the bag for a ds130 would be a no brainer. 

N.A. as in North America? But yeah, I spotted a stackable box from Hitachi for its triple hammer impact driver kit (x2 6.0ah). I do hope it is a sign that Hitachi is standardizing their tstaks because it will put Makita behind its competitors in terms of packaging/protection and storage solution. So they will stop dumping their cheap contractor's bags and boxes to consumers that have invested in their products.

@muddychip yeah NA is North America. Canada and the United States tend to have different tool releases/kits than other parts of the world so I just refer to us as NA.

I found this. Hit System Case. Should be the same box system you mentioned coming with the triple hammer. I thought I seen one in @dwain's video. I tried finding this online but couldn't even find it on Hitachi's United States website. I managed to find a listing on the New Zealand website and the rest of the listings were in German I think. Looks very similar to the Makpacs. I would've thought modular storage would be bigger around here but its not. Some may have stackable organizers but they have been around for years. Just about anyone around here would know what a Stanley stackable organizer is. Other than at tool stores and the 2 boxes I got, I have only seen one tough system in the wild that I can remember and a couple of the Ridgid(AEG) Pro Boxes.

Image result for hitachi hit case

• Like 1

https://sydneytools.com.au/accessories/shopby/hitachi/tool_box_organisers/

hitachi have these offerings here in Aus at the moment! I'm sure there's more (trolley + cart etc) but can't find it at the moment. Makita also released a trolley that looks pretty durable! https://www.gettoolsdirect.com.au/makita-trolley-for-interlocking-tool-cases-tr00000002.html?gdffi=c5b8f06f736c40afa55474409bb4f069&gdfms=AFAFEDAF6CF240C88010E0AF36D1782A&gclid=COP85pS0idMCFVIJvAodyboC7Q

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

@muddychip I would've thought modular storage would be bigger around here but its not.

It's not big down here as well. If you look at most of the tradies' vehicles, it is a trainwreck mess of mismatch boxes and bags. I guess it comes down to personality. 

Back on the topic of trimmer kit. If it comes in Makpac, I am going to sell the sucker and put the trimmer into my toughsystem box. I know I will get good money for it because they are expensive.

• Like 2

On 03/04/2017 at 9:03 AM, muddychip said:

I wonder what batteries will be included in the kit. Double 5.0ah? On a side note, Makpac should be obligatory for kits like Dewalt kits in tstaks.

I believe the code DRT50ZX2J  would indicate Z- Bare tool X2J, 2x 5ah batteries. Looking at the two prices $100 AUD more for 2 batteries is good but I wouldn't expect a case and charger in with that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stductwork said:

I believe the code DRT50ZX2J  would indicate Z- Bare tool X2J, 2x 5ah batteries. Looking at the two prices $100 AUD more for 2 batteries is good but I wouldn't expect a case and charger in with that.

Just guessing but from the pricing I would assume the kit will come in the little bags that they sold the 12v stuff in, a fast charger and 1 x 3.0 battery. I can't see Makita selling it with the slow charger (although the fast charger sells for $150ish) and for the $110 difference in skin and kit I can't see them giving anything other than the 3.0's with it. Being the least popular battery now it will help get rid of stock I would guess.