Possible forum issues

Kato

The forum is working on my phone but not on the computer. Tried different browsers with no joy. Throws up a page saying "Sorry...and blah blah blah" about the site moving or the IP address changing or if you're the owner contact so-and-so...

This is really biting me in my OCD...I can't check the site every ten minutes like normal, gonna have to see my psychiatrist about this

• Like 1

Was watching a Periscope and asked about the issue, Dan said the site is working and just to refresh but it still won't work, no matter what browser. Gonna try restart and see what happens. Gonna check on my tablet too 

Internet Explorer is working, which is what I'm on now, nothing else. Chrome, Torch, Firefox, Epic, etc., site won't load on anything. This is crazy. Won't work on the phone or tablet either. Can't be just me, can't be just my computer or browsers. Gotta be something with the site, IP config problem, server issue, something.

It's a sad day, very sad day.

• Like 1

It stopped working all over...Internet Explore worked until I said it worked, then it stopped. Now it's working again on IE, but still nowhere else. Every single site I go to works perfectly except this one, seems like it's the guys telling me to stop coming around...

I'll miss you all

I think the issue you guys are seeing where its working in one device and not another was because of different DNS. The site change propagates differently on whatever DNS your device is issuing.  Once it resolves out it should be fine.

Still working in IE, works in Safari on the phone too for now. But, now that I said that I'm sure I jinxed myself...

On the computer Chrome, Firefox, Torch, Epic, none work. IE worked for a bit yesterday but stopped, and is now working today..so far.

On the phone Chrome doesn't work but Safari does.

I don't know if it's a DNS thing or not, I cleared my DNS, cleared my browsing histories and all of that. Didn't do any good. If I have to use IE for the site then it's no big deal, I just despise IE with a passion. However, as long as I can calm my "I gotta check the site every 3 minutes" OCD then I'm okay

Well your phone is going to have a different DNS than your home computer as your provider usually has their own and they do the record lookup. Over the years I have seen browsers also handle DNS differently. Typically they just use your DNS that you get dynamically when you login from your computer but not always. 

Since TIA is changing servers there is going to be a little ripple along the way and the reason you guys are all seeing different things is because DNS updates at different intervals for everyone.

I may have found a workaround for now...I copied the "discover unread" link and used that to get to the site...so far it's working. If I click "Home" it doesn't load so maybe I'll just change the link until it clears up.

Edit: Now it seems that the "http://forum.professional-power-tool-guide.com/index.php" link is working whereas the link I had saved wasn't. So...maybe it is just me... 0070.gif

They did switch the forum to a sub domain about a week ago.

I just read Erics post after I posted above.  It was DNS related. When this happens you are mercy of the internet Gods. Nothing more frustrating that having a DNS change not take.

• Like 1

Changing the links is working so far. Probably when the switch was made the link changed a bit, it didn't originally have the "index.php" at the end. So far it's working so I'ma gonna stop bitching like a widdle-bitty baby girl...

• Like 1

Sorry guys this happened, but it was something we couldn't control.  It sucks because it was one little file or code or whatever you call the CName.  It didn't transfer when they moved the site then we had to wait for it to propagate over the internet.  Hopefully, it should be fine today.

I know about 10 of the people who emailed me, 9 are able to get on.  One is still seeing the error, but not heard back after I had them clean the cache.

I am hoping it fixed.

Im not sure if you read Eric's posting but I too was having issue since the night before last. I spoke with Eric, I use all mobile devices, iOS, and everything was down including tap a talk. I know they just did the update and change lever but interestingly enough, Friday, I blacklisted 9 brand new members that were clearly spammers that sighed up all on Friday. That makes maybe 12-15 over the past week.

• Like 1

Well, like I said changing the links worked, I'm able to get on with no issues so far. Whether or not it "fixes" the original issue I don't care, as long as I'm able to get onto the site.