Blake Barnes

DEWALT Protable Hand Planer dust collection bag?????????

I have a DEWALT Portable Hand Planer (D26676) and I can't seem to find a dust collection bag that fits the this tool. It's not just a regular circle so I can't just use some adapter that would fit it. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Plug a vac in if you need too. Thus far I've just used it outside of my projects and let er blow. 

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Plug a vac in if you need too. Thus far I've just used it outside of my projects and let er blow. 

That's what I was thinking I might have to do; and just tape it or something.

Nice name by the way haha.

Maybe take a toilet paper core and zip tie it to the irregular side and then find a compatible adapter that fits the diameter for the vac side. 

This at least will give you the flexibility you need while being able to adjust to the shapes you need. 

• Like 1

what about rockier? they have those flexible fittings and and adapters

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe take a toilet paper core and zip tie it to the irregular side and then find a compatible adapter that fits the diameter for the vac side. 

This at least will give you the flexibility you need while being able to adjust to the shapes you need. 

That's a good idea! I'll have to let you guys know what I do and post it on here.

10 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

what about rockier? they have those flexible fittings and and adapters

Yeah I see one of those on there that MIGHT fit. I'll see what I can do and then post it on here.

Dont bother with the bag even for the cordless version. Anytime i use it the chippings just clog up inside the plane and come back out where the blades are giving you a bad finish. I never got a blockage without the bag or when connected to a vac

I have to say the cordless throws chips like a champ though. Turn a yard into a field of sawdust in 10min flat. 

I usually don't bother with the bag in my Bosch and just make it snow in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk