What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Makita is supposedly moving from 18650s to better cells. Possibly either 20700 or 21700 cells

I notice this with almost every tool company. The new gen of Bosch colt is a good example. It was confirmed to be coming yet it took years to get to the market for whatever reason. Would a nice and reliable cordless framer from Makita be nice? It sure would but I would rather wait till next year for a good one instead of getting a so-so one this year. I have heard Makita nailers aren't the best. One can always be optimistic considering Makita does so many other tools well. The x2 platform is one of the most solid platforms out there.

Any idea when we will see better cells/high demand batteries? The other companies will be looking at their ‘gen 2’ high demand/multi volt batteries by the time Makita gets their first lot out. 

5 hours ago, marsh942 said:

Any idea when we will see better cells/high demand batteries? The other companies will be looking at their ‘gen 2’ high demand/multi volt batteries by the time Makita gets their first lot out. 

Doesnt really matter, everyone is using the same suppliers for the cells anyways.

On 07/04/2018 at 7:27 AM, Tools & Stuff said:

Really? Still that far away? I went to a Makita expo in June last year and they said they were hoping to have it at the expo but should be out before xmas, now possibly next year? Come on Makita, if you are too late with this one the other tool companies will eat you up. That said, I don't want them to rush it and stuff it up.

Yes next year it’s still in development. A new finish nailer is coming out towards the end of the end 

9 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Those are just every possible way to put 2 batteries on a tool . You'll find those in most patent applications :)

I don't think its just an alternate design for the XRH07, the patent was just filed. I have a feeling it will turn out to be a 1 3/4" - 2" hammer. DeWalt has one coming out soon, i'd be surprised if we didn't see Makita come out with one next year.

• Like 1

On 16/4/2018 at 4:53 PM, M80 said:

I don't think its just an alternate design for the XRH07, the patent was just filed. I have a feeling it will turn out to be a 1 3/4" - 2" hammer. DeWalt has one coming out soon, i'd be surprised if we didn't see Makita come out with one next year.

Ah yep it's a different patent. I thought it would be one of the 32 different ways of putting batteries on a tools like Makita usually do in their patent applications.

5 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Ah yep it's a different patent. I thought it would be one of the 32 different ways of putting batteries on a tools like Makita usually do in their patent applications.

It also has space for larger batteries.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

We really need bigger batteries :/

You of course are already well aware all it means when Milwaukee, Dewalt et al are releasing these batteries is that the actual manufacturers of the cells are merely getting them to price points that are more broadly accessible to the market. So it’s really just a matter of time.

That said, I hope Makita doesn’t sit back too long taking their buyers for granted. I’m not concerned yet, but certainly wouldn’t mind seeing Makita having an answer before too long.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

We really need bigger batteries :/

10 hours ago, ToolBane said:

That said, I hope Makita doesn’t sit back too long taking their buyers for granted. I’m not concerned yet, but certainly wouldn’t mind seeing Makita having an answer before too long.

Makita has already confirmed bigger cells are coming for Makita batteries. 21700 cells if I remember right. I could expect this year they will be announced but with how well the recent x2 stuff is doing I don't think Makita is in any hurry.

43 minutes ago, aessu said:

Makita needs bigger batteries and faster chargers. Current 5Ah ones take ages to charge on DC18RC/RD.

Makita has one of the faster charge times. a 5.0 in 45 minutes isn't too bad. A few minutes faster than my flexvolt charger.

• Like 3