Jump to content
Jronman

What will Makita come out with next?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

Makita is supposedly moving from 18650s to better cells. Possibly either 20700 or 21700 cells

 

I notice this with almost every tool company. The new gen of Bosch colt is a good example. It was confirmed to be coming yet it took years to get to the market for whatever reason. Would a nice and reliable cordless framer from Makita be nice? It sure would but I would rather wait till next year for a good one instead of getting a so-so one this year. I have heard Makita nailers aren't the best. One can always be optimistic considering Makita does so many other tools well. The x2 platform is one of the most solid platforms out there.

 

Any idea when we will see better cells/high demand batteries? The other companies will be looking at their ‘gen 2’ high demand/multi volt batteries by the time Makita gets their first lot out. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather have Makita taking their time in bringing out a framer instead of that 18 gauge monstrosity DBN500.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, marsh942 said:

 

Any idea when we will see better cells/high demand batteries? The other companies will be looking at their ‘gen 2’ high demand/multi volt batteries by the time Makita gets their first lot out. 

 

 

Doesnt really matter, everyone is using the same suppliers for the cells anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2018 at 7:27 AM, Tools & Stuff said:

 

Really? Still that far away? I went to a Makita expo in June last year and they said they were hoping to have it at the expo but should be out before xmas, now possibly next year? Come on Makita, if you are too late with this one the other tool companies will eat you up. That said, I don't want them to rush it and stuff it up.

Yes next year it’s still in development. A new finish nailer is coming out towards the end of the end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are just every possible way to put 2 batteries on a tool . You'll find those in most patent applications :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Those are just every possible way to put 2 batteries on a tool . You'll find those in most patent applications :)

I don't think its just an alternate design for the XRH07, the patent was just filed. I have a feeling it will turn out to be a 1 3/4" - 2" hammer. DeWalt has one coming out soon, i'd be surprised if we didn't see Makita come out with one next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother is going to lose his shit when he sees that. Well, his wife is going to lose her shit when he brings it home lol

 

He has everything Makita. I call him a Makita Moonie, it's like he's a cult member

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/4/2018 at 4:53 PM, M80 said:

I don't think its just an alternate design for the XRH07, the patent was just filed. I have a feeling it will turn out to be a 1 3/4" - 2" hammer. DeWalt has one coming out soon, i'd be surprised if we didn't see Makita come out with one next year.

Ah yep it's a different patent. I thought it would be one of the 32 different ways of putting batteries on a tools like Makita usually do in their patent applications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Ah yep it's a different patent. I thought it would be one of the 32 different ways of putting batteries on a tools like Makita usually do in their patent applications.

It also has space for larger batteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Member Statistics

    12,152
    Total Members
    414
    Most Online
    smozes
    Newest Member
    smozes
    Joined
×