What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

LOL 50W. That's a joke vacuum cleaner.

I don't even understand how can power tool companies be incapable of manufacturing a decent vac, considering their batteries can output 300-400W.

All cordless vacs are completely useless, except the Dyson, which outputs 350W+ and it's almost as powerful as corded vacs.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kat said:

LOL 50W. That's a joke vacuum cleaner.

I don't even understand how can power tool companies be incapable of manufacturing a decent vac, considering their batteries can output 300-400W.

All cordless vacs are completely useless, except the Dyson, which outputs 350W+ and it's almost as powerful as corded vacs.

My wife has a Makita DCL500 cordless vac and she loves it. Plenty powerful enough. Motor power is not everything when it comes to vacuums...

1 minute ago, SchenzhenSpecial said:

...indulge me.

Seals on hose and other parts are much more important than pure motor power. I've used vacs with 1000W and 2000W of power and similar design, with the 1000W one having much better suction, due to not leaking and losing vacuum at connection points so much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SchenzhenSpecial said:

Personally think it needs AWS and it needs Makpac compatibility. Until it has both of those it's not for me. Would have been nice to see it on a 36v platform too as cordless vacuum run times are pitiful.

This example is the best I've seen with 36min on low with a 6ah.

Exactly. My dream is something like DVC864 in Makpac case. I would buy it immediately. Maybe two of them 😄 

1 hour ago, aessu said:

Seals on hose and other parts are much more important than pure motor power. I've used vacs with 1000W and 2000W of power and similar design, with the 1000W one having much better suction, due to not leaking and losing vacuum at connection points so much.

Youre putting the difference between a 1000w and 50w vacuum down to seals... 

20 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

This is meant to clean up after your ass after you have drilled some holes at a customer's place. 

Aws Would only make it more expensive and people will use it for dust extraction on tools for which it isn't strong enough

So it'll sell as it is to people who want it. It doesn't have what I want so I won't buy it. That's what I want from a cordless vacuum. What's your problem, far too defensive. They managed it with the backpack vac so why not a box type. Festool managed to have it interlock with the Makpac and Tloc so why couldn't Makita.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:30 PM, aessu said:

My wife has a Makita DCL500 cordless vac and she loves it. Plenty powerful enough. Motor power is not everything when it comes to vacuums.

20 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

No he is quite literally talking about a 1000 and 2000 ?

No, he was talking about the Dyson hand held at 350watts and presented the argument it isn't all down to motor power. The Makita vac is a suggested to be 50watt, while he was using a 1000watt vac as an example in his post. 

Comparing the 1000 and 2000 watt units it pretty irrelevant you're basing the discussion on a 350 or 50 watt unit. 

It's all there in the thread pal.

1 hour ago, kornomaniac said:

I made a general remark about a tools purpose. You're the one going all defensive?

You tend to do that alot on these forums really ?

There are people with different opinions than you. 

Well I gave my opinion of what I'd want from such a tool and you rubbished it as being more expensive and not fit for that purpose. As I've said they managed AWS and a 36v platform with the backpack so why couldn't they do the same with the box type.

You can't harp on about people having differing opinions while on the other hand rubbishing anyone elses, very hypocritical.

22 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

This is meant to clean up after your ass after you have drilled some holes at a customer's place. 

Aws Would only make it more expensive and people will use it for dust extraction on tools for which it isn't strong enough

On 10/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, SchenzhenSpecial said:

Personally think it needs AWS and it needs Makpac compatibility. Until it has both of those it's not for me. Would have been nice to see it on a 36v platform too as cordless vacuum run times are pitiful.

This example is the best I've seen with 36min on low with a 6ah.

Where I said "personally think" should have made it obvious that it was my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 7:23 PM, Makita_2233 said:

There’s another circ saw coming very soon. An update model of a current saw. Another circ saw is coming at some point and will be a world’s first 

Any updates on this worlds first circular saw please? 

Been a few months since you broke the news....

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 4:29 AM, marsh942 said:

Any updates on this worlds first circular saw please? 

Been a few months since you broke the news....

The update model I am guessing was the brushless x2 blade right saw. I terms of the "worlds first" saw, so far we know it is a wood saw and cordless.

Anything else?