What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

I'm always impressed by Makita's tool lineup and their "throw caution to the wind" mentality and come up with these cool tools like robo-vac, coffee maker, and drywall saw... of those three i just listed, i want that drywall saw so bad haha but that might just have to wait. The other two I don't think i would be willing to spend the coin on even though the concept is wicked awesome.

They just don't have the trade specific tools i need for my work..

• Like 1

Yep, you can tell they're privately owned rather than a publicly traded marketing company that advertises tools. Wide variety of interesting solutions with no need for catchphrases. Though the Ms Makita presence at their shows is a little old-fashion. Dewalt better sell me a trim router and 10" saw soon or I'll have a 5th battery platform lol. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm always impressed by Makita's tool lineup and their "throw caution to the wind" mentality and come up with these cool tools like robo-vac, coffee maker, and drywall saw... of those three i just listed, i want that drywall saw so bad haha but that might just have to wait. The other two I don't think i would be willing to spend the coin on even though the concept is wicked awesome.

They just don't have the trade specific tools i need for my work..

Makita Japan's yearly financial results and marker share are always divided in 3 parts: industrial power tools, garden and forestry, and household :)

• Like 1

Cop tool just made a post on Makita's release event.. Pretty excited about all of  the 18v offerings!

http://www.coptool.com/makita-2017-new-products-event/

x2 Track saw

x2 10" Sliding Miter Saw

18v Trim router

18v Subcompact rotary hammer 

There's a few other videos in there that I didn't have time to check out.

I'd be thrilled to have these tools added to my arsenal. There was no mention of prices for these, I'm sure the track saw and miter saw will be the most expensive.

The one complaint I could see someone making is that there's no dual performance with the miter saw like the flexvolt. (battery/corded) 

It would give you a bit more flexibility. For someone like me it'd be great, because my saw lives in my shop. But occasionally I'll need to take it with me. It would be nice to have the flexibility both options offers.

However they're releasing a corded version of the same saw. Which I think is a smart move for them. 

The trim router uses the same base as the corded, so all accessories are compatible. Which is another smart move on Makita's part. I'm sure part of it is the convenience this gives their customers, but also they don't have to manufacture two different router base types. 

I'd really like to see some new batteries come down the pipe.. Two is better than one, so they'd have a huge leg up on the competition if they were to come out with a higher capacity battery.

But all in all I've gotta say I'm looking forward to seeing how they grow and expand their 18v line.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Martin said:

How can you tell from this pic alone? I think the handle is extra slim. Or are there more pics available?

I meant the backside is too fat for just taking 2 normal 18V LXT batteries.  Compared to the angle grinders head ( which is their normal angle grinder head from corded models GA9060 and GA9061 ).

Too me it seems the 'ass' of the grinder is widder so it can fit an upcoming bigger battery ( most likely 20700 cells )

• Like 2

I think makitas approach is smart. I personally think it's insane to have to adopt another battery platform. The width isn't that big of a deal. It's still slimmer than the front with the guard on, so what difference does it really make? The balance is probably awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bremon said:

It isn't hybrid @Jronman, you're probably misremembering because there are two models on the way; one corded and one cordless. 

I know I'm wrong now just at the time I thought there was the corded version then another version that was both x2 and corded.

• 5 months later...
On 4/29/2017 at 5:00 PM, kornomaniac said:

I do mean a framing nailer yes :) was trying to find the current English words :D

There's absolutely no info yet :) if Makita is Abit smart it'll take the same nails as their gas nailer. And those would be ( I think they are called ) clipped d-head nails on a paper strip ?

Any update on a cordless Framing nailer from Makita?

• 2 weeks later...