What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

Are we sure that this new OPE line will rely on regular block batteries? Since Makita's new battery platform is aimed toward the pro market, couldn't they surprise us by deciding to offer exclusively backpacks?

Some other manufacturers seem to be going that route... Oregon 120v, Ego professional, also some Husqvarna's top tier tools have no battery slots and can only be powered by a backpack battery. 

Are you familiar with Pellenc brand? It is worth  checking out if you are not.  I believe they were well ahead of Husqvarna, Stihl & co with their backpack line. They also have some unique tools I wish Makita would adopt for their future OPE line.

For compatibility sake, I'd like to see a backpack holder for say 8 pieces of existing 18V Makita packs with built-in slow charger for overnight charging and the necessary electronics making it ready for powering Makita tools of any given voltage. Would something like that be doable?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Martin said:

Are you familiar with Pellenc brand? It is worth  checking out if you are not.  I believe they were well ahead of Husqvarna, Stihl & co with their backpack line. They also have some unique tools I wish Makita would adopt for their future OPE line.

It's a french brand if I am not mistaken. Their "vinion" pruning shears are very popular in my region for vineyard work. I have seen some of their battery tools sold by specialized vendors, but they are very very very expensive.

On 6/9/2018 at 2:09 AM, stefcl100 said:

Are we sure that this new OPE line will rely on regular block batteries? Since Makita's new battery platform is aimed toward the pro market, couldn't they surprise us by deciding to offer exclusively backpacks?

Some other manufacturers seem to be going that route... Oregon 120v, Ego professional, also some Husqvarna's top tier tools have no battery slots and can only be powered by a backpack battery. 

They already have a backpack battery for the X2 tools.  

http://www.makitauk.com/accessories/batteries/li-ion/bl36120a-36v-battery-backpack.html

No reason they might not continue down that path.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heres some new tools on Makita website. 

1. 18v Brushless one handed chainsaw image.thumb.png.d7351a9a779bb271e5c954346d11ae88.png

2. 3/4 gallon dust extractor/blower. (been in Europe for a while but new to USA) image.thumb.png.e330b281335fb8459af9bc6e155e95b0.png

3. 18v 16G nailer image.thumb.png.de2dce5d03328efffe122dcaa4623866.png

4. several 18v blower jackets image.thumb.png.11a480f9a366ea7ca6d5bd0a8926374c.png

On 6/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, danielicrazy said:

Hey kornomaniac

Do you have any news/details you can share about the vc3012l.   Saw a post on Instagram.  When can I get my hands on it in Canada? 

It's been put in europe for more then a year. It's a great unit if you don't need the auto clean function.

9 hours ago, stefcl100 said:

Hurrah, the 18v chainsaw (DUC254Z) is finally arriving!

Somebody on a Dewalt topic mentioned a Makita brushless mower with metal deck, is there any information about that?

Havent heard about it but would fit. The current models have been sold off in all kinds of actions to sell out stock.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cowolter said:

I was interested when you said Makita made a robot vacuum, until I saw the $ 1217 list price. just a lot outside of my budget. 

My wife loves : my Makita cordless stuff, robotic vacuums and spending money. But even she says that's crazy expensive.

It is and not even that decent imo

On 7/22/2018 at 4:23 AM, Makita_2233 said:

Another circ saw is coming at some point and will be a world’s first 

Worlds first how so? Is it a totally new kind of saw that has never been in cordless or corded before? a saw that hasn't ever been cordless before? Other?

• 1 month later...