What will Makita come out with next?

Jronman

9 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

X2  cordless 10 inch mitre saw confirmed. And I believe it works like the kapex. The bars stay still and the head moves over the bar.

So it won't stick out in the back

Corded 10 and 12 inch versions of these mitre saws also coming btw :)

From information I got it was a 305mm bl x2 mitre ? Photos are already floating around of the 7 and 9 bl x2 grinders 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martin said:

Wow thats a lot of tempting new tools! Makita strikes back! :-)

Ive been wondering if Makita is going to introduce new high-draw cells for their packs just like Metabo did with their LiHDs or Bosch with Eneracer. Kornomaniac, you must be the only person who can cast some light on this do you have any clue?

A compact 3ah with 20700 is in development. Something similar with a 9ah too, possibility vertical mounted cells to keep pack the same length across as current packs or they ain't fitting x2 tools 

• Like 3

Thanks Makita_2233 for great info! Hopefully these new battery packs will be compatible with recent line of X2 tools which were not designed to accept wider than existing packs. Vertically oriented cells sound like a clever way to get around this problem!

2 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

From information I got it was a 305mm bl x2 mitre ? Photos are already floating around of the 7 and 9 bl x2 grinders 

I could be wrong. Tho as far as I remember is was a cordless version of upcoming ls1019 ( with kapex style glide system)

You have a link to any picture ? I only saw a 3d render of the 9inch grinder in the PowerPoint I got shown yesterday :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Thanks Makita_2233 for great info! Hopefully these new battery packs will be compatible with recent line of X2 tools which were not designed to accept wider than existing packs. Vertically oriented cells sound like a clever way to get around this problem!

From what I heard the compact 3ah won't fit x2 tools 

On 16/04/2017 at 3:57 AM, kornomaniac said:

I could be wrong. Tho as far as I remember is was a cordless version of upcoming ls1019 ( with kapex style glide system)

You have a link to any picture ? I only saw a 3d render of the 9inch grinder in the PowerPoint I got shown yesterday :)

I'm still waiting to get sent the photos. Ive heard it from a few reps, photos have been getting around makita worldwide and sample units aren't far away 

9 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

I'm still waiting to get send the photos. Ive heard it from a few reps photos have been getting around makita world wide and sample unit aren't far away 

Ah thats true :)   The new mitre saws ( corded and cordless ) had real pictures of em so they cant be off long :)   If there's real pictures the production process is getting along fine :D

I have my rep coming in again not the following week but the week after.  I'll ask if i could take a peek again :)  Confiorm the size

• Like 2

I wished they introduced the X2 brushless chainsaw when I bought my brushes version but I have to admit, I won't buy another cordless chainsaw anytime soon. My Makita was getting some heavy use yesterday and I felled maybe 12-15 saplings to small trees yesterday with NOOOOO problems. I live that chainsaw and taking it into the woods on the back of my ATV is a piece of cake. No fuel, no noise and plenty of power for the smaller trees. I specifically remember posting a video a few years ago taking down a burning bush that was about 9" in diameter of super wet, super dense, fibrous wood with no issues. I might consider getting a gas powered one next, I have about an acre of dense hardwoods that I have to partially clear starting the summer. Can't wait to see what they release next!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Yeah the brushed chainsaw is quite impressive really. Not the fastest but it has shitloads of torque

That's what impressive about my X2, it's spins slow but the torque keeps it going through super dense wood.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2017 at 4:18 PM, kornomaniac said:

Ah thats true :)   The new mitre saws ( corded and cordless ) had real pictures of em so they cant be off long :)   If there's real pictures the production process is getting along fine :D

I have my rep coming in again not the following week but the week after.  I'll ask if i could take a peek again :)  Confiorm the size

Keep us posted 

• Like 1