Detroit Tiger cheese cutting boards

tugnut1

I am in the process of building up some cutting board and other nick nack inventory so I can sell them at a future date.   I have about 8 state of michigan cutting boards, 4 large stripped boards, 4 small stripped boards, 4 wall hanger Michigan boards and I started making some Detroit Tiger cheese cutting boards.  

It kinda hit me yesterday, I have some Paduke sitting around and that is the perfect color for the Detroit Tiger's logo.  We have tons of Tiger fans here and they should sell fast.

58d7d02815c38_tigersboard.thumb.jpg.14cdceb59cdb21042377862ea0be689c.jpg

I have 6 more D's cut out, so today I will be working on the boards.  I plan on making some with the state of michigan on them and possibly some with the MSU Spartan helmet as well.  Too bad there isn't a naturally green colored wood.  I also have a lot of Purple Heart laying around.  The only purple logo that I think people would be interested in is LSU and as far as I know, there aren't a lot of those fans up here.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, ChrisK said:

John, are those CNCd or are you doing to with a jigsaw? They look phenomenal!

These are done with a X-Carve CNC.  The board takes about an hour to cut and the D takes another 10 minutes.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Vikings. 

Did not think of that one.  No real viking fans around here either, but I may just give that one a shot

19 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Looks F-ing awesome man!

Thanks a F-ing ton.  LOL!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You could start an online store. Fans will buy quality work like that. The machine inlays like that are artwork. 

I posted a picture of the clock I made with the Lightning logo and had friends ask me if I'd sell them...and mine(stained logo not inlay) didn't come out even close to as nice as his.

• Like 1

I just talked to a friend of mine from another forum that does a lot of the same stuff I do.  We have a "made in michigan" fair coming up in the end of September.  I think we are going to rent a booth and try to sell some of our stuff.  I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I guess I have to step up my production and start creating some inventory.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I just talked to a friend of mine from another forum that does a lot of the same stuff I do.  We have a "made in michigan" fair coming up in the end of September.  I think we are going to rent a booth and try to sell some of our stuff.  I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I guess I have to step up my production and start creating some inventory.

Diversity is key. Make a few copies of each piece but only set up one of each for display in your booth. Makes people feel like they're buying a one off piece instead of production. Also make sure to use food grade glue and oils and safe lumber, as well as cleaning and care tips. Being able to put that on a sticker gives people a sense of safety and professionalism that takes you to the next level. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...