best price for 5.0 or 6.0 ah batterys

Turner_NZ

hey guys, im from new Zealand and we get ripped for battery's and was wondering where is the best price for some 5.0 or 6.0 ah battery's ? i currently run 3.0ah and they just dont hack it in the high demand tools like the BL reciprocating saw, also looking for a new BL circular saw as my brushed one is still going strong but after using a mates milwakee fuel circular saw was very impressed with the BL motor, the brushed makita however has been used everyday for the past 7 years and still goes as good as the day i bought it! any help would be awesome thanks 

Cheap legit Makita 5/6ah batteries? Yeah, nah, bro. You won't get it here unless you go for "replacement" batteries with inferior build (crap you always see on trademe) or parallel imports (no warranty). Brekkie sales rarely touch batteries so forget it.

BL skillie. What brand are you looking at the moment?

thats the skilly i will be buying next as i currently run the old brushed 18v one and its been fantastic but shes getting dated, i search the internet for the best deals spend way to much time doing it, have just imported a DTD170Z or TD170D there latest impact from japan and got it landed for $200 as apposed to $369 handy warehouse sell them for, she sure is a grunter, also picked up the new brushless sabre saw (kiwis will understand that one) for $200 landed, again handy warehouse $368 , the deal are out there i was wondering if any other kiwis or others search the net to the extent i do! i'm tight yep but hey i'm a chippie and money aint growing on my tree, can seem to find 4.0ah batterys cheap ish. check this out below if i needed one id buy it but i have the old version XWT04  and its good enough for me http://www.bishoptools.com/tool/XWT07Z.htmlworks out $368 landed not a bad buy considering $475 in NZ.... only tool i cant seem to get cheaper overseas in the skilly so i may have to bite the bullet on that one.... 

• 1 year later...

It's too bad you live in New Zealand. Here in America, Home Depot is selling the 2 battery rear handle (similar in appearance to a worm drive) Makita circular saw with a 2 battery charger and 4 5ah batteries for about $350 (about 480 NZD). That circular saw is among the best if not the best cordless circular saw on the market today and I am planning to get one today.

18 hours ago, cliu said:

It's too bad you live in New Zealand. Here in America, Home Depot is selling the 2 battery rear handle (similar in appearance to a worm drive) Makita circular saw with a 2 battery charger and 4 5ah batteries for about $350 (about 480 NZD). That circular saw is among the best if not the best cordless circular saw on the market today and I am planning to get one today.

I saw that in Home Depot when I was in the states. You forgot to mention 350 usd plus tax. It’s works out more like $500 Australian dollars. I bought the rear handle bare. Wasn’t worth buying the kit and plus the charger is 110v 

On 4.4.2018 at 2:32 PM, Makita_2233 said:

I saw that in Home Depot when I was in the states. You forgot to mention 350 usd plus tax. It’s works out more like $500 Australian dollars. I bought the rear handle bare. Wasn’t worth buying the kit and plus the charger is 110v 

You can step down 220v to 110v with a cheap 20usd adapter.

Sometimes, I buy combo kits and part them out to lessen the cost for me and others. With their recent promotions, Makita is giving these batteries away like water. I wish I could help you out but the high shipping cost will probably nullify the cost saved on the battery.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:32 AM, Makita_2233 said:

I just picked up that set last week and it was $250. I believe it is some sort of closeout sale since they told me that they were not getting anymore after they sold the remaining stock. Thankfully I was able to pickup a reciprocating and circular saw, although I had to go to almost every Home Depot in my area. Considering the bare tool is only $50 less, I feel like only a madman would not get the set. I was able to sell the batteries and chargers ( I have enough of both) and was able to almost make my money back.

Edited by cliu
  • Like 2