The death of my 2653 impact driver

jrk_indle84

On 4/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, jrk_indle84 said:

Got it back today, they replaced the trigger and soemthing else don't know what. Don't have any batteries here at house but will get put to use first thing tomorrow so should be all good.

Apparently the direction control button must of had some dirt and whatever in it because now it's pretty touchy so haveta make sure and kick it around in the dirt little in the morning ha. Kind of annoying every time put tool down it flips that switch but is what it is. Overall pretty happy with first time using warranty service and got everything pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

same thing happened to my 2753 as well, new trigger, painless warranty through the e-service portal. The direction switch however, is not a problem like yours sounds to be

On 4/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, Framer joe said:

Never ever had a problem returning a Dewalt cordless tool within the three year warranty to Home Depot or acme...just swap out,,.realize your at 4 years so that says a lot for Milwaukee tools....it is a solid company,I just prefer Dewalt...

do you ever use the 1 year free service?

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

do you ever use the 1 year free service?

I never have. On brushless tool based off corded tools that last forever what do they even service? I suppose if you use the 692 a ton they could do something for you but not really sure what a "service" would entail on most things...wiping down with a damp rag and making sure the brushless motors haven't mysteriously grown brushes? Swap out some triggers etc that show early signs of pooping their pants?

• Like 1

same thing happened to my 2753 as well, new trigger, painless warranty through the e-service portal. The direction switch however, is not a problem like yours sounds to be

Yea I'm not sure what's goin on with that switch. It seems pretty light. Usually you can kind of feel a click when you cycle forward and reverse, but can barely feel it on this one. So not sure what's goin on. Other day used it to set up forms for pourch cap and while putting in screws kept hitting that button and having to stop and switch it back. So hopefully don't keep that up or it probably turn into a reserve drill and will pick up new one.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

@Jronman....no can't say I've used free ...service.....my tools get worked hard and in rain,snow,heat,mud,sand....but I wipe em down and blow em out ,,oil what I can after every use and get years out of them...i expect 5 years of hard use ,,then I'll buy new again..if it still works il wait till it's dead....but I've returned tools that died up to 3 years at HD and got a full purchase price store credit every time.....never refused.....plus if Acme has a sale ,,,HD will price match anyone..so making returns is easy.....Never had a problem with Acme either......

.      ...plus I think I'd do a better job ....servicing ...my own tools and I can't waste the time without them....I use em everyday ..7 days a week...

• 1 month later...