JimboS1ice

Jimbo's New Playground

Gotta have more Cowb....NO...more KC Tool stickers.

Ha ha LOL

Need a giant one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, JimboS1ice said:

ff7ad7718ec38f73833f7f2ae741136f.jpg

Yummy!

Wow, forgot I started this thread, my garage looks so empty looking back, I just went through some reorganization... again

I got a lathe for Christmas so I’m currently working on a bench stand for it I’ll post some pictures later

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Wow, forgot I started this thread, my garage looks so empty looking back, I just went through some reorganization... again

I got a lathe for Christmas so I’m currently working on a bench stand for it I’ll post some pictures later

What did you get for a lathe Jimbo?

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

What did you get for a lathe Jimbo?

My folks bought me a Wen still haven't had a chance to play with it

5 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

My folks bought me a Wen still haven't had a chance to play with it

Don’t hesitate bro!!!! Get some easywood tools and a face shield and start scraping!!!! It’s a blast!

Don’t hesitate bro!!!! Get some easywood tools and a face shield and start scraping!!!! It’s a blast!

Planning on it! Just trying to get the shop set up

Got the lathe bench built just have to clean the top up a little and stabilize it with some feet

9c4a2b4a987f21b5880c93bf914174f9.jpg

• Like 1

Ah I understand now. I had been thinking this was goung to be your main bench but makes sense for a lathe table.

Ah I understand now. I had been thinking this was goung to be your main bench but makes sense for a lathe table.

If I ever decide on what I want in a workbench I’ll make it, functional top with dog holes, t track or match fit, vice/clamp mechanism... not sure the direction I’d like to take yet

Would there be any advantage of matchfit over t track? It is basically a t slot vs a dovetail slot right?

I like the idea of both a track system and dog holes. Might be able to combine both into one top? On a side note you mentioned vises. Have you seen Andrew Klein's vise? It looks pretty nice. You can switch between fast travel and high torque on the fly. Also he incorporated dog holes into his vise which anyone could do as well.

Matchfit vs t track it’s almost one in the same with what you can do, maybe a little more cost effective with matchfit but I’ve seen some pretty ingenious set up with the match fit, basically a fancy dovetail system. Rails have more options, either one would get dog holes too, with the rails I would worry about getting glue and stuff in them, at least a dovetail just zip the router back through. I have seen his bench vice that thing is awesome