new DCN680 Brad nailer (at least in EU)

midogrumpy

52 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

I used the $20 off promotion and put my order in!

Confirmed that it only comes with a canvas bag and no hard case. Damn you DeWalt!

It is easier to give away a nylon bag than the dedicated box that comes with a tool, then you can select the Tough System box (I don't think it would fit in a TSTAK, but I could be wrong) you want to carry the nailer.

The hard case  lasts forever  takes a beating and was a great place to store nails for the old 18v xrp.  I suspect the 18 gauge  will fit into the box for the 16 g with few changes.

I ditched the factory case. I don't like the fact it does not integrate with my Tstak or systainer systems.

The 16ga will just fit in a basic Tstak case, but it fits! It will not fit in a systainer III or smaller. I do not like wasted space or added bulk to no ToughSystem for me.

The 18ga will fit in a Tstak no problem and is sold in a Tstak overseas.

The Paslode 16ga and 18ga will both fit in a systainer II.
  • Like 1

It is weak. It's been proven on IG time and again. It cannot set 2.5" nails in most materials and definitely can't do it reliability.

I am comparing the dcn660 to the old XRP 16ga. I have both and a Paslode 16ga. The old XRP nailer is much stronger and easily sets 2.5" nails.

I've found it the same, I had 3 of the old xrp nailers and unfortunately they are just worn out. I have 2 Dcn 660s and both are suffering from the same problems. I have gone back to running air hoses for a lot of my work.

On 4/30/2017 at 8:02 PM, duncanweare said:

Hi

i have been searching for info on this nail gun since March your thread is the

first I have seen since then.

Found this on home depot website in early march it has since vanished. I am guessing release date around Fathers day mid june 2017

dewalt bradnailer new.jpg

dewalt bradnailer new2.jpg

dewalt bradnailer new3.jpg

It amazes me that they don't have one already. Ryobi came out with one literally years ago. 

• 1 month later...

The new Dewalt  18 gauge gun showed up today took longer then expected. Fired about 10 nails just to make sure it was alive, shot very nice. I puled out the old hard case from the original 18v XRP gun and using a sharp razor knife made it fit the new gun like a glove with its tiny ass 2AH battery attached. Actually have a small trim project to use it on this weekend two doors and seven windows should be fun.  The  ridgid 18g I disliked since new will now sit on a shelf as backup.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

So I will try to sell my Ryobi airstrike 18g brad and replace it with the DCN680. Here in EU it comes in a tstak VI but I wonder if anyone can confirm if it fits in a tstak II? I can fit my airstrike, 2 batteries (one on the tool), a charger and 3 boxes of nails in a tstak II so I hope the DCN680 isn't that much larger [emoji16]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

So I will try to sell my Ryobi airstrike 18g brad and replace it with the DCN680. Here in EU it comes in a tstak VI but I wonder if anyone can confirm if it fits in a tstak II? I can fit my airstrike, 2 batteries (one on the tool), a charger and 3 boxes of nails in a tstak II so I hope the DCN680 isn't that much larger [emoji16]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

Yes, it fits with the battery off. Lots of space.