New Breakaway Recip Blades.

Jronman

12 hours ago, BMack37 said:

i saw that too, great idea but Dewalt doesn't exactly have great blades.

how long do they last for you? Also these are made in United States which seems promising for longer blade life. Not sure where the other blades. are made.

Adjustable shoes have a lever and a slide. It isn't rocket science. They are durable as hell. Our Sawzalls at work and my Fuel Sawzall take a licking much better than the yellow fixed shoe POS' at work and everyone there treats them like they're disposable...I'd take the red every time and Dewalt will have to turn over more than one new leaf before I waste money on a recip from them. Just my opinion. These gimmick blades aren't the ticket to SBD getting cash out of me. Now a 120v Max 10" table saw on the other hand...

• Like 1

I think it is good in theory but I don't know if it would work out so great in reality.

18 minutes ago, Poisonfangs85 said:

I wonder how they withstand getting suck in a cut when the blade gets bent. It may have its place but i dont see it yet.

I was wondering the same.

I think worst case scenario; blade binds, snaps, your recip jumps and you stab the hand that holds the front of the machine. Probably unlikely but I've seen some meat heads on Sawzalls and making them less foolproof is a surefire way to get someone hurt.

I'm not holding my breath. If these come out and work great, I'll wipe the egg off my face, eat crow, and happily spend less money on recip blades. Until then I'm firmly off the hype train, where I've been through Fuel nailers (that are made of the same stuff you put in brown bags and light on fire on front stoops) and patent infringing tape measures. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jronman said:

how long do they last for you? Also these are made in United States which seems promising for longer blade life. Not sure where the other blades. are made.

I used one once, it made the cuts but they did more ripping than cutting and didn't seem like they'd last long, honestly, I just got annoyed and tried Diablo the next day...I probably should have tried Bosch or Lenox(at Lowe's) To be fair, I don't care for Milwaukee blades either(though I haven't used much of my Axe carbide blade yet).

I could see certain situations where these would shine. Cutting pipe being one of them. It's hard on blades, is usually a pretty straightaway cut, and renders the rear section of the blade useless while the front is untouched. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

@JimboS1ice I just realized you have slice in your name. It actually fits for you to be the cutting expert.

yes cutting meat expert

21 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I could see certain situations where these would shine. Cutting pipe being one of them. It's hard on blades, is usually a pretty straightaway cut, and renders the rear section of the blade useless while the front is untouched. 

This.  IF the blade was as good as the diablo carbide for thick metal..... 

But i'm still interesting in trying it

That's why the little hackzall blades or the short torch blades are perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I almost always use shorter blades because of this. If you're not going to use the whole blade why use the big-ass blade? Always handy to have one just in case but use the proper sized blade for the job.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, JimboS1ice said:

Great so they make already disposable blades even more disposable lol what happens when you get the blade bound up?

Thats the whole point of these... When the blade gets bound up in a cut. You just snap it off and cut your way out. :)

• Like 2

Man I thought I was hard on Dewalt, damn ya'll this isn't even on the market yet, lol. 

I've trashed a ton of long blades because the inside was torched and the tip was new. Of course if the end wears first you just take a grinder and cut it off and continue but this definitely has it's uses. Even if it's a moderate success, other brands that matter will follow and everyone wins with the option. 

On 4/12/2017 at 11:24 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I'm no physicist, but theoretically speaking, the greater percentage of the blade that's under load, the more resistance created and the harder both the saw and the sawer have to work. Theres bound to be a point where the counter effects of too much additional length offsets or negates the benefits, but I couldn't give you even a guess what theat point is.

I'd like to have someone with a background in physics or Engineering explain to me why I'm wrong though.

We seem to be assuming that these blade are weak in the knees and snap off easy, but that may not be the case at all. Of major brands I regard Dewalt blades as the lowest overall quality, but I will give them a chance. 

7 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

There's bound to be a point where the counter effects of too much additional length offsets or negates the benefits, but I couldn't give you even a guess what that point is.

Science says that this is between 3 and 4 inches. But some girls like cervical contact. 

• Like 2

I prefer my shoes adjustable.... because many times, i need to keep the blade away from penetrating too far beyond my pipe so it doesn't come into contact with a wall or wire or whatever it may be that is behind my pipe.... If it's too close, i either have to switch to a shorter blade or keep the sawzall pulled away from the pipe to keep the tip of the blade travelling too far back...

Again, i'll save my opinion until i use them, not going to jump on the negative train just yet.....

• Like 1