DCH293 1 1/8in SDS Plus

Hugh Jass

Drilled a series of 7/16in holes in concrete today with the SDS, this thing just plows guys. I buried the 16in bit in probably 8 seconds in poured block walls. It's faster than my buddies corded Bosch 1 1/8in SDS even and is more comfortable. 

My HVAC contractor happened to come buy for rough in and was so impressed he said he's switching to Dewalt from all of his corded tools he's now found obsolete. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2017 at 11:50 AM, Framer joe said:

Makita kicks everyone's ars ? That's insane.. First ,td170,not even close to beating Dewalt dcf877, not specs..real world use....the other crew I run uses only Makita corded and cordless, including the newest cordless tools....Makita is a third level company behind Dewalt and Milwaukee......the fuel sawzall kills the new AVR makita ...the 7.25 Makita cordless mitre sucks ....the circ saws,are a joke.......Makitas batteries charge fast and your gonna need a fast charge ,cuz they don't last long..

Garage use demos and real world building are two different worlds,,,,I give props when props are due a company,,..Flexvolt rocks,Fuel rocks,M12 rocks and 20v max tools are great....

Makita make some lovely tools but boy I see a lot of dead Makita batteries.  I don't know if it's just because I see more Makita stuff or of they break more but the batteries definitely seem to crap out a lot. 

• 2 months later...

I did it was a great test. Worth noting that I never was able to confirm the differences between the DCH293 and the DCH333 outside of the 60v wiring. 

I use mine all the time and it blows people away when they see me going at it with a cordless tool the way it does. I'd buy it again tomorrow if it failed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I did it was a great test. Worth noting that I never was able to confirm the differences between the DCH293 and the DCH333 outside of the 60v wiring. 

I use mine all the time and it blows people away when they see me going at it with a cordless tool the way it does. I'd buy it again tomorrow if it failed. 

The 333 gets a slightly longer run time vs the 293 from my testing. Both with 9/3.1ah FV batteries. I was drilling 24mm diameter holes and I got 1 1/2 holes with the 333. It’s runs more efficient with a higher voltage. Also like I’ve mentioned before the 333 have 30mm max capacity compared to the 293’s 28mm max capacity 

• Like 2