Monster Hammer Drill Shoot-out - oztooltalk video

dwain

Wonderful comparison, thank you for that and I'm glad to see yellow on top, and that all of the drills had a least decent performance regardless of brand. 

However (I know I'm that guy always with that one stupid gripe!) the only thing that bothered me was that your biggest complaint against the Dewalt is entirely on your end. You could have gone with the 6ah 20v and had a much more equal and fair comparison. I'm not certain but I'm inclined to believe it would be more compact and have the newer upgraded cells that probably would have provided a slight power boost over the flexvolt's 6ah older cells. 

Either way the end result wouldn't have really changed I don't think, maybe just a boost in numbers for this or that. I also find it interesting how you guys talk up the Metabo so much but it doesn't show in testing, have you changed your mind about the things said in previous video's on that unit now that the head to head is done? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bremon said:

@Hugh Jass the new XR 6.0 with 10 20700 cells is actually basically identical in size to the FlexVolt 2.0/6.0. More juice though. 

Thanks for the confirmation, I haven't seen a size comparison anywhere yet but figured with less gizmo it would be smaller. 

Oh well. 

• Like 1

Big middle finger to Dewalt then. They still aren't in Canada in the twin packs, just singles, which puts them in FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 pricing territory. 

Also just finally watched the video and pumped to see the two full size drills I own do so well. The 996 and 2704 are so great, the yellow is my favorite all-around but the red is generally my go to because I don't mind abusing it a bit and it's a bit lighter. 

@Framer joe will be pleased to see teal behind them, I must admit Joe, you had the right idea lol. I was surprised to see my Milwaukee outdo the Makita because my buddy at work has one that seems like it can do more work more confidently than the red one. 

Great comparison Dwain!

• Like 1

I've always been a fan of your tool fights, top notch of any reviewer! Dewalt kills it for hammer drilling hands down, I noticed the sweet spot was gear 2 for concrete, such a powerful drill.

Owning the Milwaukee I love it but hate the chuck, but when I did my fight the Dewalt is maybe 10 per cent more powerful, just animal of drills.

Cheers mate keep it up!

It's funny, no matter how scientific I approach it, people will always think we're being unfair :lol:

I think the problem is that so many decision I make in the background to make it as objective as possible just can't go into the video, else there would be a 15 minutes disclaimer at the start! lol

Thanks guys, the video is going great! 4k views in first 24 hours.

• Like 3