New Dewalt 20v Max Miter Saw coming???

npcnj8

the existing 20v mitre works fine...brushless is better ,but I don't think necessary..slap a 6ah or higher and get all day use,,, ,now if the new mitre will be a double bevel ...I'd wait for that..........I have the 20v max one and like it..(not love it) ..needs double bevel.....

....      ....      ..... i have corded 10" and 12" ...im holding out for a Dewalt 10" cordless....the 7 1/4 can't cut azek deck rails I use a lot...

The 12" is 40% more blade surface area (off the top of my head), which means a 10" has less deflection, takes less energy to turn, and are cheaper blades. So I do see the need. It's a glaring hole in their lineup. 78.5 sq inch surface area vs 113. 

19 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

If it's worth bringing out the miter saw in my opinion it's worth bringing out the big boy and the 790 w/stand is unmatched.

If all you are doing is a little trim work, the 780 or 790 is overkill. 30 pounds versus 56 pounds on the saws' weights. Throw in just the sheer bulk of the saws and I would much rather drag the DCS361 or it's future replacement from room to room than the DHS790. You can't do massive crown with the little saw, but it isn't used all that much, unless it is just in my area that it is not that popular. It can cross cut 8 inches so it should be able to handle most baseboards too. That is why it is a happy compromise for trim work to me.

• Like 2

Well I use the 60v or 20v circular saw on any framing. I never cut 2x material on the miter saw except for Fascia, casings, etc

Finish work I break out the 790 to a central ideal location. And cut Door Casings, Baseboard, Crown Moulding, Chair etc all on that one saw. Sometimes I may not need the capacity with smaller material

But I do need the Dual Miter and Dual Bevel.