Look what I found in the garage

dwasifar

I was reorganizing tools today. My wife bought me a rolling tool chest for Xmas and I just got around to putting it in service this weekend. (Long story in its own right.)  This got me digging through stuff I haven't touched in ages, and at the bottom of a stack of tool cases I found this:

IMG_20170528_192949.thumb.jpg.e4902adb8a65a07300cd034638d17420.jpgIMG_20170528_193011.thumb.jpg.2df5e2e63d8b0c76dd1619e6c829731d.jpg

It's a little starter set of USA Craftsman hand tools, looking unused and almost complete save for a few missing sockets. 

I have NO IDEA where I got these.  I would not have bought a set like this; they've been in that stack a long time, but I've got a much fuller set of USA Craftsman that are older than these, and the missing pieces make it unlikely that they're mine. (I don't lose tools like that.)

So now I don't know what to do with them. They're all duplicates of things I already have, so I'll never use them. I wish I knew someone just starting out who could use a small set of good tools, but I don't know anyone like that, so I guess I'll just Craigslist them. Seems a shame to sell them without solving the mystery, though. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

What's a weird little set...a lot of sockets for that kind of set and 12 point, seems odd. The two wrenches seem out of place too. You'd think they'd have no wrenches and two phillips and two slotted screwdrivers.

I thought the same.  Also, lots of 1/4" sockets and no 1/4" handle, just a small 3/8" handle and a reducer.

I think this kit is intended for a first-time homeowner who has a lot of things to assemble rather than fix; or maybe it's to keep in your trunk for minor roadside repair.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...