OCD screwdriver organization question

dwasifar

This is probably the most fiddly, fussbudget, OCD question you're likely to hear all year.

Let's say you're going to put this screwdriver set into a wall rack:

81lIHrRSCWL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.b27c43bc3a606a0a5757c3a44da3c695.jpg.914ca2795594c0cd6dd0bdacbbac5e74.jpg

Five each of slotted and Phillips, three different handle sizes.

Would you order them by handle size regardless of tip, or would you group the Phillips together and the slotted together?  

If you'd group them, would you order both groups by large-to-small, or would you make the left group small-to-large and the right group large-to-small?  The advantage of the former is consistency; the advantage to the latter is symmetry, and not having to fish a small handle out of the middle.

Please help me with my OCD.

I could have sworn Stanley kits use to come in the package small to big of one type on the left and big to small in the other so it had an arrow head shape. But then what would you do with your nut drivers, Torx and Allen head drivers? So many dilemnas.

Thank goodness I am more of a hoarder than organizational OCD. It leads me to have more than I need, I am trying to learn to let go of stuff, one tool in, one out. I have been doing better lately, with parting ways with some shelving, a tablesaw and miter saw and committing to give some tools to a nephew when we end up near each other at some point.

Slotted: Big => Small

Phillips: Small => Big

Easier to grab. You want the PH2 to be the easiest to grab because it will be the most used. I like my rack horizontal if possible, if they aren't labeled on the top then you can add labels to the drivers and/or the rack.

• Like 1

What ever would make them easier to access/identify for you. We all have our quirks, but only you know how you think. So - Visualize them mounted various ways and use the way that feels most satisfactory to you. Personally, I like them separated by tip type and in ascending order of size, but that's just me.     Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Large to small, Phillips and slotted seperatly and precision screwdrivers seperatly. Another tip pass on those screwdrivers and hit up KC Tools for a nice set of Wera screwdriversyou won't be disappointed and for the price they are sweet. Or... You can get a set of Witte they are made in Germany and nice as well or you can go USA and get Snap on they are my second fav. If you just don't have the funds I also very highly recommend the Milwaukee screwdrivers they are super nice for the price they can't be beat I bought my set brand new from a flea for $3 lol but I think they are around $20-25 for a set.