Worst Milwaukee Tool

FrosBros82

Not trying to crap on Milwaukee here, but I am just curious about tools that people have owned that didn't turn out so good? For me, I wasn't impressed with their M12 Vac or the original M18 blower. The blower was okay, but in my opinion that vacuum was terrible... it struggled with even the smallest of tasks, in my opinion.

FB82

• Like 1

I had the original milwaukee m18 grinder. I didn't realize how much the Fuel version outclassed it until I bought the fuel. Granted, it lasted me a long time, but the battery run time was not good. The Fuel version is infinitely better.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bmill25 said:

I had the original milwaukee m18 grinder. I didn't realize how much the Fuel version outclassed it until I bought the fuel. Granted, it lasted me a long time, but the battery run time was not good. The Fuel version is infinitely better.

Yeah, I have heard that about the brushless version too.

1 hour ago, FrosBros82 said:

Not trying to crap on Milwaukee here, but I am just curious about tools that people have owned that didn't turn out so good? For me, I wasn't impressed with their M12 Vac or the original M18 blower. The blower was okay, but in my opinion that vacuum was terrible... it struggled with even the smallest of tasks, in my opinion.

FB82

i have the m12 vac,, total crap

19 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

My top 2 useless Milwaukee tools are:
1- M12 dust buster. I am pretty sure it makes the work surface dirtier. Like zero suction.
2- M12 Hackzal, non-fuel. I tried cutting wood, EMT, unistrut etc. A manual hacksaw is actually faster.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've been trying to think of what Milwaukee tool purchases I would like to undo and I think you solved that for me. The M12 non-fuel Hackzall might as well be called a Hacksome. That thing will not cut without a ton of force and will produce a shit-ton of vibration. I've used the M12 vacuum and you're right it doesn't have much if any suction and using it once was enough to let me know it's not worth the investment.

The only other tool I can think of is the M18 compact blower. It works fine, however the way you have to connect the nozzle is a weak point. If you break one of those tabs you're going to hate it. I still want a compact blower and I'm sure all of the brands are pretty much exactly alike in design, but I would be storing that thing somewhere safe where nothing can fall on it nor where it can fall from.

• Like 1

Interesting, I like my m12 vac, m18 fan and m12 hackzall a lot. The vac is a quick pickup tool, small piles of saw dust, dog hair, heck I used it last night to catch a gecko in the house...damn things are fast. The m18 fan blows plenty hard and has been used almost every day since I bought it. Hackzall I didn't like at first but after trying Diablo blades, I've grown fond of it. I mostly use the Fuel but now I use the brushed hackzall for limited room or more precise cuts.

One thing I didn't care for, m12 OMT.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, HiltiWpg said:

My top 2 useless Milwaukee tools are:
1- M12 dust buster. I am pretty sure it makes the work surface dirtier. Like zero suction.
2- M12 Hackzal, non-fuel. I tried cutting wood, EMT, unistrut etc. A manual hacksaw is actually faster.

I have the M12 Fuel Hackzal, which I like a lot. After reading your post, I am glad that I went with the brushless version.

• Like 1

I have the M12 Fuel Hackzal, which I like a lot. After reading your post, I am glad that I went with the brushless version.

The M12 Fuel Hackzal is a completely different tool.
Dispute being super heavy, it has reasonable vibration and cuts very well.

The torpedo level with graduate marks, deburr, chamfer, magnetic, and a little nub off the top for digging in the dirt.

It was trying to be too many things and failed at every one of them. The bubble would stick in one side until you raised it the opposite way enough, then it went to the other side and you had to bring it back slowly...

I have the M12 vac too and don't use it anymore. 

I keep the M12 hackzall in my daily box for cutting small PVC or cpvc fittings or small bolts etc. But the worst was that level

There grinding wheels an wire brushes are garbage. I thought the first generation shockwave bits were no good. 

The m18 rover light led flood light was nothing special. The new models are good but the first cordless flood light was garbage. 

The m12 oscillating tool works, but a little underpowered. 

1 hour ago, Fletcher94 said:

There grinding wheels an wire brushes are garbage. I thought the first generation shockwave bits were no good. 

The m18 rover light led flood light was nothing special. The new models are good but the first cordless flood light was garbage. 

The m12 oscillating tool works, but a little underpowered. 

Their bits are terrible in my opinion, probably the worst bits HD sells. First gen bits sucked, second gen suck a little less.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2017 at 4:40 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

The torpedo level with graduate marks, deburr, chamfer, magnetic, and a little nub off the top for digging in the dirt.

It was trying to be too many things and failed at every one of them. The bubble would stick in one side until you raised it the opposite way enough, then it went to the other side and you had to bring it back slowly...

I have the M12 vac too and don't use it anymore. 

I keep the M12 hackzall in my daily box for cutting small PVC or cpvc fittings or small bolts etc. But the worst was that level

Interesting. I had not heard too much negative about the level. 

On 6/16/2017 at 10:57 PM, Fletcher94 said:

The new models are good but the first cordless flood light was garbage. 

Which cordless flood light don't you care for?  I've got the 2361, which I think was their first M18 flood light, and it rocks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, khariV said:

Which cordless flood light don't you care for?  I've got the 2361, which I think was their first M18 flood light, and it rocks.

Pretty sure that's the one he's referring to, and it kicks ass, especially the updated one with more lumens that fits a 9.0. 

1 hour ago, khariV said:

I also have the 2361... and I have no complaints with it's original design. I know that the 9.0 doesn't fit in this model (without breaking out the back handle), but other than that I think it is great.

28 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

I also have the 2361... and I have no complaints with it's original design. I know that the 9.0 doesn't fit in this model (without breaking out the back handle), but other than that I think it is great.

You don't have to break out the back handle.  Milwaukee will send you the part to swap out to fit the 9.0 if you ask nicely (at least they did for me when the 9.0s first came out).

• Like 2

For the record, as much as I enjoy my plethora of Milwaukee tools, that just means I'm that much more in tune with what I dislike about them. 

Mostly I feel they are a marketing company making tools vs being a tool company first and then marketing their products. 

It's not a cult following, guys, I assure you that... 

• Like 1

Not sure I have a "worst tool", but here are some frustration points...

M18 Jigsaw needs a light and doesn't track straight. Anytime I cut a straight line I have to twist the tool crooked to keep the blade pushing straight. Maybe the tool just actually needs some adjustment, not sure. 

Also, my rover light is one of my favs, but if it gets a little bit of dust (especially drywall dust), the adjustment mechanism clogs and you can't twist the light to point in different directions. Have to take it apart pretty often and clean it, then it works great, but pretty annoying.

Dust collection on M18 miter.... absolutely worthless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

Not sure I have a "worst tool", but here are some frustration points...

M18 Jigsaw needs a light and doesn't track straight. Anytime I cut a straight line I have to twist the tool crooked to keep the blade pushing straight. Maybe the tool just actually needs some adjustment, not sure. 

Also, my rover light is one of my favs, but if it gets a little bit of dust (especially drywall dust), the adjustment mechanism clogs and you can't twist the light to point in different directions. Have to take it apart pretty often and clean it, then it works great, but pretty annoying.

Dust collection on M18 miter.... absolutely worthless.

I had not heard that about the miter saw, interesting. Speaking of jigsaw, it surprises me that they have not made a brushless version yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

I had not heard that about the miter saw, interesting. Speaking of jigsaw, it surprises me that they have not made a brushless version yet.

Seriously - I was really hoping for an updated jigsaw - perhaps something like the European barrel grip HD18JSB.

41g0MWzey1L._SY355_.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khariV said:

Seriously - I was really hoping for an updated jigsaw - perhaps something like the European barrel grip HD18JSB.

41g0MWzey1L._SY355_.jpg

Woah! Yeah, I am hoping they update some of their cordless line! The rep that I deal with directly says that their main focus is plumbing and electrical. However, then they end up coming out with miter saws, planers, jog saws, etc.

2 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

The pitiful dust collection and the deflection in the "rail under" design are th two biggest flaws you'll read in reviews and user feedback. Oh, and that it loves to stall on bevel cuts. 

The dust chute on the 7.25" is basically non-existent, instead of a long chute it goes straight into a bag or hose attachment. Much better I would guess. 

• Like 1