Worst Milwaukee Tool

FrosBros82

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

The pitiful dust collection and the deflection in the "rail under" design are th two biggest flaws you'll read in reviews and user feedback. Oh, and that it loves to stall on bevel cuts. 

The dust chute on the 7.25" is basically non-existent, instead of a long chute it goes straight into a bag or hose attachment. Much better I would guess. 

Yeah, I would hope that the extraction would be better on a new saw. I guess if they waited so long to come out with a cordless miter... I would have assumed that most of these issues would be non existent as Dewalt and Makita have had them out for some time.

The M18 radio that came out about a year ago is a POS. Horrible reception, no Bluetooth, and sound that would be on par with jobsite radios that came out 5 years ago. Makita has radios that have been out years longer that decimate the M18 radio in sound quality and features.

2 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

am Yeah, it was pretty basic for a radio. I know they came out with something recently.... which I am pretty sure runs off m12 or m18. Not sure if the sound quality on that is similar? Or has improved?

I think the one you're talking about is Bluetooth only. I honestly think Milwaukee's radios in general are never top-of-the-line and don't plan on trying another out unless they're at least Makita-quality (which are the most underrated jobsite radios by far in terms of sound), let alone Tough System. I couldn't believe how mediocre the M18 radio was for when it came out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aabee said:

I think the one you're talking about is Bluetooth only. I honestly think Milwaukee's radios in general are never top-of-the-line and don't plan on trying another out unless they're at least Makita-quality (which are the most underrated jobsite radios by far in terms of sound), let alone Tough System. I couldn't believe how mediocre the M18 radio was for when it came out.

I have the M18 radio that also charges the battery if plugged in. The runtime with 3.0ah battery is incredible and the sound is plenty good and I like that it charges batteries and also has USB to charge my phone, but connecting to the bluetooth always gives me fits.

15 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

am Yeah, it was pretty basic for a radio. I know they came out with something recently.... which I am pretty sure runs off m12 or m18. Not sure if the sound quality on that is similar? Or has improved?

Sound quality is really good(for a BT speaker) IMO. It is perfect for me working in the back yard or in the garage/front yard. It could use a little more bass, like nearly all BT radios.

5 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Sound quality is really good(for a BT speaker) IMO. It is perfect for me working in the back yard or in the garage/front yard. It could use a little more bass, like nearly all BT radios.

I'm with you there. It's not like I am going to host a dance party with it... it is just for having in the garage at I am tinkering with something or in the yard messing around.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, khariV said:

You don't have to break out the back handle.  Milwaukee will send you the part to swap out to fit the 9.0 if you ask nicely (at least they did for me when the 9.0s first came out).

FYI, I went on Milwaukee's site and complained about the light with my 9.0. The emailed me back a few hours later and told me to take it to my local Milwaukee dealer to put the new handle on free of charge. Thanks for the input, it was much appreciated

• Like 1

The M18 miter saw is trash.  Wish I had waited and read the review in Fine Homebuilding instead of relying on some of the early (youtube) ones from people who clearly have little experience with miter saws.  Not only does it not collect dust, but it throws it everywhere.  There is an almost obscene amount of rail deflection making it useless for trim, and it doesn't have enough power to bevel pretty much any 2x stock and gets bogged down with pressure treated.  So it sucks for framing and decks as well.  I put a metal blade on it and will just be using it for that since it's hopeless for anything else.    

The M18 multi tool, while it isn't necessarily bad, isn't really any good either.  Battery life is bad, there is too much vibration, and it just lags behind almost all of its competition in every respect. I was really hoping for a new fuel version this year since it's one of my most used tools.    

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say it sucks, but I bought a 3amp random orbit sander, and it doesn't really compare to the Bosch ROS20 I had stolen by my GF's loser kid. Vibrates more, less controllable, dust extraction isn't as good and the title box fills up fast. It soes remove material pretty well.

It's not that it is useless, but i got the M12 right angle drill on an HD promo, but I don't really have a use for it.

1 hour ago, BK13 said:

I wouldn't say it sucks, but I bought a 3amp random orbit sander, and it doesn't really compare to the Bosch ROS20 I had stolen by my GF's loser kid. Vibrates more, less controllable, dust extraction isn't as good and the title box fills up fast. It soes remove material pretty well.

It's not that it is useless, but i got the M12 right angle drill on an HD promo, but I don't really have a use for it.

I have the right angle drill too. I know it's m12, but I don't think it's great, by any means. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 7:48 PM, FrosBros82 said:

I have the right angle drill too. I know it's m12, but I don't think it's great, by any means. 

i use my right angle drill with a 6.0ah pack on it, a world of difference. use it on the right angle impact as well, it wakes them up

1 hour ago, FrosBros82 said:

The impact is a M18 right?

No we're talking about the m12...

On 7/3/2017 at 7:48 PM, FrosBros82 said:

My boss has a truck full of Milwaukee tools, I enjoy using pretty much all of them. Except for the m18 brad nailer, it jams constantly and hardly ever drives a nail 100% it's less hassle to run a hose and compressor than to fool with that.. 

Having said that, he's also got 3 of the pneumatic brad guns. Love those.

• 4 weeks later...

I use my brushed M12 hackzall all the time with Diablo blades and I love it. I use it way more than my M18 Fuel sawzall. 

I have to say their bits are the only thing I don't care for. I bought the step bit set for $49 and the smaller step bit broke the first time I used it. Luckily it was just the end so I can still use part of it. Their driver bits seem weak too, but I haven't found any that are perfect. A friend told me to try Makita gold tips.

6 hours ago, Dano123 said:

I use my brushed M12 hackzall all the time with Diablo blades and I love it. I use it way more than my M18 Fuel sawzall. 

I have to say their bits are the only thing I don't care for. I bought the step bit set for $49 and the smaller step bit broke the first time I used it. Luckily it was just the end so I can still use part of it. Their driver bits seem weak too, but I haven't found any that are perfect. A friend told me to try Makita gold tips.

Get the m12 Fuel too, I rarely use my Sawzall. It's really nice having the two hackzalls, but you HAVE to use good blades in them. I actually used the Fuel Hackzall with a Diablo Carbide blade to cut a 3" metal pipe. The only reason I used the Sawzall on most of those cuts was the stroke length, the Fuel Hackzall was plenty strong enough.