Bathroom remodel

Bigmikez

5 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

I posted the other day about what I found under the vinyl and it was freakin tile☹️ So I called my cousin up and asked if I can barrow this bad boy I was only trying it out but looks like I'll be up pretty late tonight ??????

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

I'd come over to help Mike but my last boss canned me....don't know why ?

• Like 1

Not super happy with the first part of tiling we Had to be at to many places today but 2marrow morning I should be grouting, WOW my knees hurt lol!! I'll post more picks hopefully we got another long day 2marrow good nite crew and Happy Father's Day!

IMG_4253.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Not super happy with the first part of tiling we Had to be at to many places today but 2marrow morning I should be grouting, WOW my knees hurt lol!! I'll post more picks hopefully we got another long day 2marrow good nite crew and Happy Father's Day!

IMG_4253.JPG

Mike that looks awesome! What color of grout are you owing for this one?

• Like 2

Thanks bro! Wifey wanted a tan color grout called linen #122 I gotta say big props to all who do this for a living my legs and lower back are KILLING ME TODAY ?!! For my first time by myself I think I did ok I see a lot of flaws but hey I learned a lot for the next time

IMG_4257.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Welcome to the forum.

For sure, seek professional mental help if considering undertaking these projects.

Just wrapping my latest total home remodel project, including demolition to remove existing kitchen, bath, wall to wall tile, disintegrated cast iron under slab, all new supplies, drains, upgraded wiring...

The results are amazing!

51359548451_d320e218b0_c.jpg

51360277514_5e54b23e6b_c.jpg

Before

51332997120_0f653a650c_c.jpg

Fun Stuff:

50880068391_7b984de01b_c.jpg

50879357578_03f8e53b3b_c.jpg

51360577060_dd98014fb0_c.jpg

50599825793_3aa292f334_c.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 1:47 AM, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

For sure, seek professional mental help if considering undertaking these projects.

Just wrapping my latest total home remodel project, including demolition to remove existing kitchen, bath, wall to wall tile, disintegrated cast iron under slab, all new supplies, drains, upgraded wiring...

The results are amazing!

Before

Fun Stuff:

50599825793_3aa292f334_c.jpg

also here is a suggestion for everyone. https://mayflowerva.com

Just got done a Master Bath remodel. Gutted everything to the studs. There was 3 floors all built on each other that had to be broken out. Installed a new window. Built in a bench in the shower. Insulated everything. Re-did all the electric, added outlets, lighting. Had to repair some rotted wood. Install new electric baseboard heater. Moved plumbing from one side of existing shower to the other side. Tiled the entire bathroom. Full tile in shower and half wall outside of shower. Still waiting for frameless doors to come in. New toilet, vanities, sink. And I would say I lost roughly a week between the plumber doing his work and the drywall guys doing their work. My wonder is how long it normally would take to do this job completely. I did it by myself 75% of the time and the rest of the time I had a helper to do some things that didn't require any skill. It took me exactly 4 weeks. Bathroom is roughly 11' deep and about 6 foot wide with the first 3 feet of it only 3 foot wide (basically a little walkway into the room). Is that way too long or am I on pace. If that's way too long, what can I do scheduling wise to make the next one go faster.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, okpermanent said:

Just got done a Master Bath remodel. Gutted everything to the studs. There was 3 floors all built on each other that had to be broken out. Installed a new window. Built in a bench in the shower. Insulated everything. Re-did all the electric, added outlets, lighting. Had to repair some rotted wood. Install new electric baseboard heater. Moved plumbing from one side of existing shower to the other side. Tiled the entire bathroom. Full tile in shower and half wall outside of shower. Still waiting for frameless doors to come in. New toilet, vanities, sink. And I would say I lost roughly a week between the plumber doing his work and the drywall guys doing their work. My wonder is how long it normally would take to do this job completely. I did it by myself 75% of the time and the rest of the time I had a helper to do some things that didn't require any skill. It took me exactly 4 weeks. Bathroom is roughly 11' deep and about 6 foot wide with the first 3 feet of it only 3 foot wide (basically a little walkway into the room). Is that way too long or am I on pace. If that's way too long, what can I do scheduling wise to make the next one go faster.

Bathrooms are next on my list.  I have two bathrooms: the master bath has a vanity in the bedroom itself, and the main bath has a long (84" or so) counter with one sink.  Each has a separate tiny toilet/tub area.  There is enough room to stand and if you move your legs you can even shut or open the door if on the toilet.  

I don't mind the small spaces for the toilets and tubs; I'm thinking about getting showers installed, which should open them up a little, but I honestly don't need a whole lot of space there.  I'll probably go with dual sinks for both bathrooms, tile flooring, and redo the walls.

Once I confirm my tax exemption is permanent, I plan to add a bathroom in what is now the garage.  I have built-in double and single garages, so about 600 s.f. of living space can be added, which will increase the assessed value and would raise my property taxes if Ihave to pay them (not a big deal, but if my VA rating exempts me, I'm not offering more of my money to the government).  That bathroom will probably be a bit larger than the two I have now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2021 at 1:47 AM, wingless said:

Welcome to the forum.

The results are amazing!

Before

Fun Stuff:

50599825793_3aa292f334_c.jpg here is s suggestion for all of you bathroom remodeling chicago

If you do this for a living, it may be a little long.  If this is not your full-time job, then I would say you jammed out.  That is about the size of my bathroom and I feel like the smaller bathrooms are harder than the larger bathroom, more cutting and hard to move around.  Mine took about 7 weeks and I did the same in regards to moving pipes and electric.  It's hard to work all day and then come home and get a good time in to get things done.  Plus on the weekends, I had baseball with the kids.

A buddy always gives me a hard time with how long it took me to gut my house and put on an addition but if it's not your full-time job,time is limited.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 2:39 PM, Eric - TIA said:

If you do this for a living, it may be a little long.  If this is not your full-time job, then I would say you jammed out.  That is about the size of my bathroom and I feel like the smaller bathrooms are harder than the larger bathroom, more cutting and hard to move around.  Mine took about 7 weeks and I did the same in regards to moving pipes and electric.  It's hard to work all day and then come home and get a good time in to get things done.  Plus on the weekends, I had baseball with the kids.

A buddy always gives me a hard time with how long it took me to gut my house and put on an addition but if it's not your full-time job,time is limited.

Same as me, I don't fit in small bathrooms loooooool

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 6:39 PM, Eric - TIA said:

A buddy always gives me a hard time with how long it took me to gut my house and put on an addition but if it's not your full-time job,time is limited for Bathroom Remodeling.

thank you so much for your suggestion. really appreciate that.

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2017 at 9:40 AM, Bigmikez said:

I posted the other day about what I found under the vinyl and it was freakin tile☹️ So I called my cousin up and asked if I can barrow this bad boy I was only trying it out but looks like I'll be up pretty late tonight ??????

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

here i found a result on bathroom remodeling mayflower

Hello. I'm working on a master bath remodel. Does anyone on the forum have any experience with the quality or lack of quality of the products produced by the American Bath Factory? I've been looking for a complete shower unit and they seem to have a larger unit like I've been looking for. I just don't have any information about their product quality or durability. Y'all please chime in with any information you can provide.