What tool put a smile on your face today?

Tug

I was tidying up the van today and couldn't help myself. I grabbed the 996 and a pair of TCT hole saws and went to town drilling holes. 

20170524_181120.jpg

20170624_142923.jpg

20170624_141304.jpg

Satisfying, that's the word. 

Anyone else care to share? 

• Like 5

I wish I'd filmed it, the drill was being used yesterday to drill down-lights into an old lathe and plaster ceiling and while I was drilling the trunking in the pic above, the 996 would occasionally eject a burst of dust. This would happen when the motor was under load. The dust must've collected inside the motor housing yesterday. Some of the dust bursts were really quite large! I'm sure there's no harm done, but I'll keep an eye on it anyway. 

Hahahaha....well let me tel you what put a smile on my face.....err.....never mind! I will say I honed a chisel blade down in the shop and set up two of my newest planes, the 4-1/2 smoother and my larger shoulder plane both from Veritas. 

Also....nothing like drilling holes bro. Fun fun fun!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Hahahaha....well let me tel you what put a smile on my face.....err.....never mind! I will say I honed a chisel blade down in the shop and set up two of my newest planes, the 4-1/2 smoother and my larger shoulder plane both from Veritas. 

Also....nothing like drilling holes bro. Fun fun fun!

Metaphors duly noted! ;)

• Like 3

SDS drill always puts a smile on my face, thinking of the endless drilling i used to do with just a hammerdrill gah 

Oh wait, you asked about today.... I was mowing the lawn just now and caught one of our folding lawn chairs in the mower blades and shredded it up...i may have meant to do that because it was broken anyways hahaha that made me laugh. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

SDS drill always puts a smile on my face, thinking of the endless drilling i used to do with just a hammerdrill gah 

Oh wait, you asked about today.... I was mowing the lawn just now and caught one of our folding lawn chairs in the mower blades and shredded it up...i may have meant to do that because it was broken anyways hahaha that made me laugh. 

SDS is probably the best thing since sliced bread! (In terms of masonry drilling)

My DCH323 was today's star of the show. Mainly chasing walls with some drilling thrown in. Very impressive runtimes when chasing masonry, especially considering they're only the 2/6 packs. No broken chisel tips either, thanks to the lower impact energy compared to similar machines. 

Painting at work for a few days which involves pretty much 0 enjoyable tools. Luckily I got to come home and scratch a few things off the honey-do list which involved a pile of things but a triad of German happiness had me grinning; some Knipex (X-cut, pliers wrench and combination pliers), Wera screwdrivers and a pair of Stabila levels. That stuff is so high quality that it's happy-factor is more or less in power tool territory ?.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I got to use a Machete (apparently pronounced ma-shet). Today I got to learn how to use a floor sander. It was less exciting than I expected. It has built in dust collection which got my excited cause less cleanup. I found out it is garbage. Hardly picked up any dust. I also got to use a Bosch palm orbital sander with a vac connected to it which was a first. Dust collection was excellent with the orbital.

I remember the first time I used a chasing machine that claimed to be "dust-free", within seconds you couldn't see across the room! That was fifteen years ago. Recently used a Hilti that collected approximately 95% of the dust, awesome machine! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...