MAKITA LXPH03 New Brushes wont't start

engiab

Hi Guys.

I have a Makita xph01 and a Lxph03. I replaced the carbon brushes for xph01 and works good but I replaced the carbon brushes on Lxph03 and when I pressed the trigger it try to start and makes a spark and won't start again. Do you know what happen and what I must do to fix it. I will appreciate the help.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, engiab said:

Hi Guys.

I have a Makita xph01 and a Lxph03. I replaced the carbon brushes for xph01 and works good but I replaced the carbon brushes on Lxph03 and when I pressed the trigger it try to start and makes a spark and won't start again. Do you know what happen and what I must do to fix it. I will appreciate the help.

Possible Burnt up armature it is common. Can U send a picture of what it looks Like ?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

You can quickly meter it for a short in the windings.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi HiltiWpg, I did the test for armadure, testing the windings and the ohms reading 180 degree was 0.05 ohms in everyone. What I must do next... thanks

Thanks HiltiWpg. Yes, I used this video to do the test and gave me 0.05 ohm between each opposite position(180 degree) windings. Following the instructions look like my armature is good (it is not in short). 

• Like 1