M12 bit holder

BMack37

This is my third attempt. First one was just the metal clip from the m18 bit holder...it worked better on the non-Fuel m12. Second was plastic...didn't last. So I pulled out the big guns.

First I bought a 1/4" square to 1/4" hex magnetic adapter. I wanted magnetic because the retaining ring doesn't work well on bits that are bigger than 1". I bought this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040UBLO0

8199qz9-T8L._SL1500_.jpg

The hole fits the screw perfectly, the head cannot pass through. I used a 5/32 drill bit on the opposite side so the head can pass through, then beveled to clean the hole up. I used the rotary tool to grind a slot so the overmold can help keep the bit from turning. Added some locktite to the treads and it's done.

YCy3rMz.jpg

UbktZAr.jpg

CCbpKMm.jpg

Should have done this to begin with, it was really easy to do. Hope it may help...we'll have to come up with something new for the gen2.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

Have you tried the Makita but holder? It's about $5. Should be easy to cut or shape.

636f7a3dc6b480dff73257a70e1add8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about it but everywhere I found it charged shipping which doubled the price, then I'd have the issue with not knowing how it would fit the overmold.

BTW, this should also work on the Fuel screwdriver. I use the bit holder to hold a PH1 and leave a PH2 in the drill, it takes care of nearly all the driving I do at work. Occasionally I come across PH3 or torx/hex but most are PH2 and PH1.