Milwaukee 9.0ah Battery Warning

comp56

so we keep an eye on it to see if it smokes or catches fire

EVEN when not in use? WTH? way to go Milwaukee now I feel much better having a basement full of your tools...............

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

MILWAUKEE® EXPANDS WARNINGS & INSTRUCTIONS FOR M18™ HIGH DEMAND™ 9.0 BATTERY PACK

In consultation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”), Milwaukee Tool is voluntarily expanding the warnings and instructions for the MILWAUKEE M18 HIGH DEMAND 9.0 battery pack (model no. 48-11-1890).

If highly conductive or corrosive fluids get inside the M18 HIGH DEMAND 9.0 battery pack in sufficient quantities, they can cause the battery pack to fail. Failure can include short-circuit which, in the extreme situation, can result in smoking or fire, even when not in use. Examples of highly conductive or corrosive fluids include seawater, certain industrial chemicals and bleach or bleach-containing products.

This safety notice does not require users to return their M18 HIGH DEMAND 9.0 battery pack.

Milwaukee Tool is committed to your utmost safety while delivering the highest quality and most innovative products in the power tool industry.

For more information, go to milwaukeetool.com/SafetyNotices.

Any customers who believe highly conductive or corrosive fluids have entered their M18 HIGH DEMAND 9.0 battery pack should immediately contact Milwaukee Tool at 1-844-577-5515 (7am to 10pm Eastern Time Sunday through Saturday).

Your Milwaukee Tool Customer Service Team
1-844-577-5515 
7am to 10pm Eastern Time 
Sunday through Saturday

_spacer.png

• Like 2

Just a legal notice, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing new with lithium batteries. Ignorance is always bliss, seeing it in writing makes the small risk more real. We also have to worry about our laptops, tablets and phones. A great reason to keep fire extinguishers on hand!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Just a legal notice, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing new with lithium batteries. Ignorance is always bliss, seeing it in writing makes the small risk more real. We also have to worry about our laptops, tablets and phones. A great reason to keep fire extinguishers on hand!

Sadly this is another example of why HD and Lowes is getting sued. Frivolous law suits by stupid people and a legal system designed to take advantage of basic knowledge.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

Yeah, I got the email too. Slightly concerning, as there are two sitting in my weatherguard as we speak. Hmm....

Not to worry bro.....it's a Weatherguard. They're fine. Just don't drive down five mile beach during a hurricane ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Sadly this is another example of why HD and Lowes is getting sued. Frivolous law suits by stupid people and a legal system designed to take advantage of basic knowledge.

Yup. Those windshield shades some people use have a warning telling you to remove before driving...I mean, really?

Hair dryers have warning labels to not use them in the shower...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Brian, my Mom is convinced you guys are going to get hit hard this year. She's in Dunnellon.

Meh, I don't have any 9.0 batteries so no worries. I've lived here all my life...as a kid I'd fly kites in the tropical storms. During the season we were hit by three storms in like two weeks, we lost power so I took a nap on the porch where it was cool and "breezy." Our regular thunderstorms are worse TBH. Last year we didn't get hit at all, but we had three weeks of hard storms, flooded everything...people catching fish on roadways that are inland.

Also TBH, it's good for business; storms cause power surges and kill electronics that people bring me to fix.

• Like 3

Lot of ho hum,I read.....why now ? Not before the release or included in the original warnings? No one thinks something happened and someone got hurt ? No one thinks there could a gag order or non disclosure agreement.........I think on toolguyd, it said don't use it in the rain, really? Because no construction workers work in the rain....just a little odd is all..

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Lot of ho hum,I read.....why now ? Not before the release or included in the original warnings? No one thinks something happened and someone got hurt ? No one thinks there could a gag order or non disclosure agreement.........I think on toolguyd, it said don't use it in the rain, really? Because no construction workers work in the rain....just a little odd is all..

Yep, same with all the higher capacity batteries.. quite a bit more potential energy, just use common sense... If the battery is on the tool, extremely slim chance something can make contact with the terminals... Just like plugging in a corded tool, highly unlikely something will get into the receptacle, but it's still a possibility 

• Like 1