15g Fuel Nailer

FrosBros82

So finally got my hands on the chief's 15g nailer. I didn't do anything that was actual finish work, I was just shooting it in my garage on some old casing and trim. First, I felt that it was plenty powerful with limited recoil. It sunk all of the nails (soft wood) easily. With that, I did think the unit was somewhat awkward and not quite as smooth as the DeWALT 16g angled that I have used. For the right price I don't think it is a bad buy, but you can get something that may be superior for only a few more bucks at Home Depot. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey FrosBros I'm new to to the group but I'm Fitout/finish Carpenter in Brisbane, Australia. Anyway 2 of the guys at work have the Milwaukee Guns and are starting to to have problems with them. One is nearly a month old and only works intermittently. The other has been replaced with a new one andhas stop work and he's only had it back a week. I've got the Dewalt 16ga and it's awesome, never a problem but I will definitely get the 15ga when it comes out in Aus. Hope this helps mate.

• Like 1

@D.Roche First, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on here. Second, I have heard similar things about the DeWALT guns... honestly, I wouldn't have a problem getting the yellow tools, but I just don't have much in their 20V stuff at this point.. so the difference between buying a kit for DeWALT and a bare tool for Milwaukee is swaying me at the moment.

On 8/21/2017 at 8:33 PM, Jronman said:

Milwaukee still going to do m18 nailers? or are they as important as lights are for DeWALT?

I think they're going to take them back to the drawing board. I've heard they were bad but always assumed it was guys being picky because of the high cost...used my new one today a little to test it out, it sucks. It gets jammed a lot, especially with 2" nails. Sometimes it doesn't bump evenly, so your nails will be different depths on the same wood. It's a little more evenly driven when you're not bumping but my cheap Senco pneumatic seems to do a better job and it's much smaller too.

@BMack37the  Yeah, I would assume that they are going to come out with a generation 2.0 in short order. With all of the stuff that other companies are coming out with I would think Milwaukee would want to be competitive in a market that they are now diving in to. The 15g is alright, just heavy. I have not had problems with it jamming, but I just think it could be built in a more agronomical way.. if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

@BMack37the  Yeah, I would assume that they are going to come out with a generation 2.0 in short order. With all of the stuff that other companies are coming out with I would think Milwaukee would want to be competitive in a market that they are now diving in to the 15g is alright, just heavy. I have not had problems with it jamming, but I just think it could be built in a more agronomical way.. if that makes sense. 

Honestly, it was soo bad that I decided to sell it. I sold it today, didn't last long even with the problems I mentioned. I should have asked for more haha.

• Like 1