Sorry DeWalt, It's you, not me.

builditguy

I didn't ditch Dewalt as I said it's a love hate thing.......just wish they would round out one line of tools ...like 20v max ...before moving on to something new.......I mean if they had the 20v max XR circ saw years ago ,I prop wouldn't be in Flexvolt....but that's how they get ya....it's a business thing for them,,but still an ahole thing to do...

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 4:33 PM, Framer joe said:

I didn't ditch Dewalt as I said it's a love hate thing.......just wish they would round out one line of tools ...like 20v max ...before moving on to something new.......I mean if they had the 20v max XR circ saw years ago ,I prop wouldn't be in Flexvolt....but that's how they get ya....it's a business thing for them,,but still an ahole thing to do...

I don't disagree with you at all. I love their abailty to come out with new and improved tools, but I wish they would have spent more time with their 20V lineup. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Seems to me 20v Max has been getting plenty of love the past year. Dewalt as a whole was thoroughly unimpressive to me outside of a few tools (multitool, framer, 16g nailer, etc.) but when the 887, 791/796 and 991/996 came out followed by FlexVolt it's pretty much been a "buckle up for safety!" speed of quality releases lol. I think (hope) August will be another impressive month. I also hope the August reveals are delayed a bit because I already have too much from NPS17 to spend on. 

I disagree Dewalts line may be missing some specialty and helpful tools but it is a complete set up that can frame and finish and entire house which I have done multiple times in the past 3 years. Dewalt has plenty of lights to get the job done I don't feel the need to buy a Milwaukee light ? I own zero Bosch, Mikita, or Milwaukee tools and have never got to a job site and be unable to complete my tasks. 

I think most people saying they had to buy multiple brands never actually bought the entire dewalt line-up. 

Do I love new tools of course, but I'm having trouble thinking of a new tool that dewalt could come out with that has stopped me from being able to do my job before. Can you think of 1?

Name 1 Milwaukee tool that I actually need? Bosch? Makita?

Its became brand loyalty but it didn't start that way. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@JakeDewalt I agree. Some DeWALT tools may be long in the tooth or be lacking in convenience features, but they are able to complete the job and at the end of the day if it completes the job, thats all that matters.

Correct.

It completes the job to the customers expectations, efficiently and reliably.

Every Single Day Month after Month after Month.

So change the title to....

Sorry Dewalt it's me I'll shut up now j/k

49 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

I disagree Dewalts line may be missing some specialty and helpful tools but it is a complete set up that can frame and finish and entire house which I have done multiple times in the past 3 years. Dewalt has plenty of lights to get the job done I don't feel the need to buy a Milwaukee light ? I own zero Bosch, Mikita, or Milwaukee tools and have never got to a job site and be unable to complete my tasks. 

I think most people saying they had to buy multiple brands never actually bought the entire dewalt line-up. 

Do I love new tools of course, but I'm having trouble thinking of a new tool that dewalt could come out with that has stopped me from being able to do my job before. Can you think of 1?

Name 1 Milwaukee tool that I actually need? Bosch? Makita?

Its became brand loyalty but it didn't start that way. 

I totally agree with you... but I think that can be said for the other major players too. If you buy the complete lineup (whatever that may be) of Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita, etc., you will still be able to get your job done. I guess the main question to me is how efficient were you and how is the tool performing? I am all about sticking with one platform, as the common person can't afford to buy the best of each particular brand... however, there are times where that may be necessary depending on what application you are using your tools in. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

I've never framed or finished a house before in my life which is probably why we have a difference of opinion haha. For me it's not that they don't offer a tool to get the job done it's just that other companies have better offerings in the tools I use everyday.  I use a impact wrench like a lot of people use a impact driver now think if dewalts only impact driver was the dcf885.  It gets the job done and I'm sure a lot of people still use it but there have been 4 different brushless versions since.  So to me even though they have a compact 1/2" impact wrench, it's a hole in their lineup that milwaukee filled with a brushless a long time ago.     

Well well....that's brand loyalty. If you are taking about an entire line up, corded and cordless then ya everyone has that.....I thought we are taking about cordless tools ? ......no you can't complete a house   Frame it and trim it with Dewalt cordless tools today.......I hope someday but not today.........one other thing your missing is productivity and profit, just because Dewalt makes a cordless tool doesn't mean it's the most productive to get the job done efficiently....I love Dewalt I have all their tools either in my business or in the companies I run.....

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I'm an electrical contractor and have always used DeWalt power tools. We purchased a 2 drills and a fast charger about 6 months ago. Both the charger and 1 drill have died. We're seriously considering changing to another brand. Seems like their tools are not what they used to be.

• 1 month later...