Makita cordless tracksaw

JMG

This sort of chaps me arse... I just bought the Dewalt flexvot tracksaw this last weekend and now Makita releases their version of an X2 saw. Would have been nice to be able to compare the two before the purchase. Anyways; https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XPS01PTJ

They are getting smart and are offering the kit with MakPacs. Hope to see more of that in the future.

ToolNut already has a listing for it on their site.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JMG said:

This sort of chaps me arse... I just bought the Dewalt flexvot tracksaw this last weekend and now Makita releases their version of an X2 saw. Would have been nice to be able to compare the two before the purchase. Anyways; https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XPS01PTJ

They are getting smart and are offering the kit with Makpaks. Hope to see more of that in the future.

ToolNut already has a listing for it on their site.

Woah! Yeah, I guess I didn't realize they were coming out with this! I saw the 36v worm drive that they came out with, but didn't realize they were going with the track saw too. Interesting.

FB82

21 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

Have you by chance tried the 36v worm drive? I have seen a few videos on it and it looks awesome.

Nope not yet. Belgium is unfortunately rather slow with bringing out new tools. Gonna be August before I get the chance :). But every reviewer seems te rave about it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Nope not yet. Belgium is unfortunately rather slow with bringing out new tools. Gonna be August before I get the chance :). But every reviewer seems te rave about it!

Yeah, that's what I have seen too! Let us know how you like it!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 3:37 PM, FrosBros82 said:

Have you by chance tried the 36v worm drive? I have seen a few videos on it and it looks awesome.

The saw is awesome.  Powerful and just a beast.  

Anyone have any experience with this - https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/saw-attachments/p425/accu-cut/

On 7/12/2017 at 10:33 PM, Eric - TIA said:

The saw is awesome.  Powerful and just a beast.  

Anyone have any experience with this - https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/saw-attachments/p425/accu-cut/

I never have but I think I have seen ads for it. I actually just got me a kreg k5 pocket hole jig. Might be a nice option for those who don't wan't to spend the extra money on a track saw.

Seems a bit odd that the two new units they are just now releasing, XCV07 & XCV06, do not look as though they have bluetooth capability. I read through the manual for these and there is no mention of it at all, either there or on the website page for the vacs. Makes no sense that there would be a new release at this time without that feature and it would be almost useless to purchase one at this time if they do not have it. Marketing fail in the making.

1 hour ago, JMG said:

Seems a bit odd that the two new units they are just now releasing, XCV07 & XCV06, do not look as though they have bluetooth capability. I read through the manual for these and there is no mention of it at all, either there or on the website page for the vacs. Makes no sense that there would be a new release at this time without that feature and it would be almost useless to purchase one at this time if they do not have it. Marketing fail in the making.

They could at least say bluetooth feature coming soon or works well when paired with our new bluetooth vac coming soon. or something similar to indicate it has bluetooth and should be paired with the coming soon bluetooth vac.

23 hours ago, JMG said:

Well it's hardly new. We had those vacs in Europe for more then a year. Makita USA was waaaay late with introducing em it seems. 

2 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Well it's hardly new. We had those vacs in Europe for more then a year. Makita USA was waaaay late with introducing em it seems. 

Which begs the question; why bother when they won't be compatible with upcoming tool releases?

There is no way I will purchase one at the price point they are currently at without the bluetooth ability.

• Like 1