Bosch BL Sabre Saw GSA 18V-32 - oztooltalk review

dwain

Great video. Great features! What TPI were you using for the wood blade? Looks like with an even more aggressive blade this thing would totally plow through timber. 

This isn't my platform but I love that everyone is outshining Dewalt on the features right now, they'll be forced to elevate their game with stuff like this for competition. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a really ergonomic saw. With a fair bit of features. I like the design. Feeling I might get into the bosch cordless range? they are expensive but they are really good quality tools.

So weird to me. I know Bosch makes high quality stuff... but how many things do they have in their cordless lineup? Is it more than 10? I'm sure it is, but there are times where I feel like they are holding their buyers hostage. They make quality stuff and the research is excellent, but they are so slow for new adaptations and tools. Woof. 

• Like 3

Bosch have all the main stuff, and a few bonuses

Drills: drivers, hammers, SDSs

Impacts: driver, hybrid, compact wrench, big wrench

Saws: Sabres, Circular, Metal Cut, Bandsaw, Jigsaws

Other tools: Grinders, Nailer, Sander, Multi-tool, Flexi-click

Accessories: Vacuum, Lights, Radios

What do you think they lack?

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 4:39 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Unless that average tradie is a tool nerd hoarding info on Bosch's line up from here and IG lol

Indeed! But is that a challenge.....?

Accepted. 

Indeed! But is that a challenge.....?
Accepted. 
Nope. Only person I ever challenge is myself! I'm just saying when the tools are available, our type tends to know about them before the average tradie does haha..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nope. Only person I ever challenge is myself! I'm just saying when the tools are available, our type tends to know about them before the average tradie does haha..

haha I know! I was just wanting to start some sort of cordless tool trivia challenge ;)

haha I know! I was just wanting to start some sort of cordless tool trivia challenge [emoji6]
I like it! I do expect you to know more specifics about the tools, so you could ask us the questions, and I wouldn't even mind if you threw in some trivia about tools that only you guys know about. Wink Wink lol

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I like it! I do expect you to know more specifics about the tools, so you could ask us the questions, and I wouldn't even mind if you threw in some trivia about tools that only you guys know about. Wink Wink lol

Done! http://forum.toolsinaction.com/index.php?/topic/13078-cordless-tool-trivia/

12 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

With the bosch stuff... does Home Depot carry most of their cordless options? I pretty much never see it there... every HD I walk into looks like it's sponsored by Milwaukee and DeWALT.

If you want to buy Bosch at a store you're much better off going to Lowe's.

@dwain how did you find the vibration level compared to other saws? 

I just gathered up a heap of manufacturer specs for vibration (posted in the Metabo section). On paper, this saw has remarkably low vibration! Perhaps the lowest of all full sized 18V saws.