Sub Compact Jigsaw

Jronman

I noticed a black jigsaw in the background of a picture of the new Makita x2 Miter saw and to me it looked like a subcompact. I did A quick search and found out there is a new subcompact barrel grip jigsaw coming. There will also be a 12v version as well.

4 minutes ago, Eric - TIA said:

Do you have a picture or any info?

yeah I saw it on the floor of this picture. 

heres something from coptool mostly about the 12v version but there is a mention of a subcompact version.

To my eyes, that one laying on the floor looks like the full size teal Makita DJV181Z, which Im not sure if its currently available in the states or not.  I know it wasn't for a while but I thought I saw something about it being here now?

Any way that video showing the 12v looks real similar too.  I wonder if the the 18v will infact be different than the djv181?

*Edit* after looking closer that one on the floor is the djv181, you can tell by the buttons being orientated differently than the 12v CXT shown in the video.

MAKDJV181Z_3.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mtnkid85 said:

To my eyes, that one laying on the floor looks like the full size teal Makita DJV181Z, which Im not sure if its currently available in the states or not.  I know it wasn't for a while but I thought I saw something about it being here now?

Any way that video showing the 12v looks real similar too.  I wonder if the the 18v will infact be different than the djv181?

*Edit* after looking closer that one on the floor is the djv181, you can tell by the buttons being orientated differently than the 12v CXT shown in the video.

MAKDJV181Z_3.jpg

either way a subcompact version is confirmed to be coming out according to the video. The pic is from a guy in Canada. I would guess Makita has same stuff in Canada as they do in the states.

7 hours ago, Jronman said:

either way a subcompact version is confirmed to be coming out according to the video. The pic is from a guy in Canada. I would guess Makita has same stuff in Canada as they do in the states.

The barrel grip isn't out in the states. No idea why 

14 hours ago, Jronman said:

Ahh that makes since, as the barrel grip is available in Canada.

And yes anyway excited to see the compact barrel grip as well!

On 7/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, mtnkid85 said:

MAKDJV181Z_3.jpg

Yup, I've got one. It's awesome.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:37 PM, ChrisK said:

I bought mine from a Canadian retailer. Have had it for over a year. It's a fantastic machine. 

Which one? I've only seen them on ebay, the prices aren't very good as most of them come from overseas.

How much did it run you?

On 7/19/2017 at 11:24 AM, BMack37 said:

I think he meant retailer Chris, think he got it from IHL or KMS in Canada. Both are worth a look because the USD gives you about 20% off, which is good if the shipping doesn't kill you.

Yeah, KMS. DONT BUY FROM KMS!!!!!. (If your in the USA) They screwed me on shipping and import fees. I have bought from IHL and they were great to deal with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah, KMS. DONT BUY FROM KMS!!!!!. (If your in the USA) They screwed me on shipping and import fees. I have bought from IHL and they were great to deal with.

KMS should have been the hint "Kill MySelf"

IHL is indeed a great seller! That's where I got my Milwaukee rotary tool, m18 jigsaw and 4.0 battery for cheap.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...