Pack out prices

SetBuilder

I thought the pricing was too high at first as well...but after watching the videos, specifically Concord Carpenter's videos, I think they're reasonably priced. The aluminum corner brackets, that top molding, the engineering and thought all has value. The totes are priced higher than CLC, Husky, Dead-On but they're solid bottom and cheaper than most of those options. The tool boxes aren't cheap but if you compare the other options (at least in videos) it seems like you're getting your money's worth. The organizers, the top can't be cheap to mold so you're really not getting your money's worth unless you get the tote or need to lock in multiple organizers. I could make a better argument if I rewatched the videos because I know there were other things that I saw that I was impressed by.

TBH, if I was a contractor and in need, this is the system I'd buy. Now if I already had a system I was happy with, I wouldn't upgrade. The totes and organizer is a game changer. The normal organizer with totes take up storage space and is flimsy, cheap fishing lure or hobby organizers...I don't even use mine in my bag.

• Like 2

They're expensive yes - the price is comparable with systainers.  However, systainers aren't water proof and will die very quickly if you abuse them.  Which leads me to another question....

So, why do most workers (from my observation) on jobsites treat tools like crap? I understand not babying a tool and that jobsites are dirty, muddy, dusty places where "get it done fast" is more important than "keep it tidy."  However, that aside, I once had some contractors doing work on the house and I routinely saw them throwing a circular saw 15 ft. because they couldn't be bothered to carry it, tossing drills off the top of ladders on to the subfloor and dropping tools into piles of dust and insulation instead of bothering to set them down somewhere "clean."  I know mostly this is because they don't own the tools themselves and don't have to replace them, but at what point do these guys determine they just don't give a flying f#$*?

Sorry to derail the thread but I had to ask...

• Like 4

@khariV Touché', sir. With us, we are responsible for about 75% of our tools, so that doesn't happen as much. Other than table saw, miter saw, hole hawg, etc., we have to supply everything else... which is why our wage is higher in this region. However, I know exactly what you are talking about, as we have subs who don't own the actual  tools they are using and they treat them like crap... which is easy to do if you don't have a soul and don't care about the company you work for.

FB82

Can't wait to see a real video of these pack out boxes taking real jobsite abuse......on the other note.......if a contractor or his employees are throwing tools around, you hired the wrong contractor . Attention to detail and quality starts the the tools you use to perform said tasks. ....if guys don't care about the tools they use , I would certainly guarantee they don't care about the job they are hired to do...

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

..if a contractor or his employees are throwing tools around, you hired the wrong contractor . Attention to detail and quality starts the the tools you use to perform said tasks. ....if guys don't care about the tools they use , I would certainly guarantee they don't care about the job they are hired to do...

Nailed it in one.  These jokers did a craptastic job that was so bad I've had to go back and re-do most of it that I could get to.

On the other hand, I do owe - because of their incompetence, I've educated myself and learned how to do an awful lot around the house.

• Like 2

Expensive lesson @khariV.. of course be leery of the bright shiny truck with gold lettering also.....those trucks usually are all show and no experience in them....a work truck that actually works daily gets banged up a little bit, and usually the guys are quality people, from my experience. 

• Like 1

Obviously I'm not a contractor and if I was not so deep in my systainers I'd probably be adding to my Dewalt tough system but these look really high quality and though expensive I have learned over the years that my tools, which will be used professionally in the near future, cost a lot of $$$ so an investment in a modular system isn't a far fetch for me. Milwaukees cases look pretty tough, I thing the tests they were shooting videos were very biased against Dewalt, most noteably the cement block being dropped by the corner on the Dewalt while flat on the Milwaukee but regardless, these things will take a serious crash and keep your expensive investments safe. 

• Like 2

I'm very interested. I really like the simplicity of my RIDGID boxes and cart but this just takes it up another notch. Plus the comments about guys abusing their tools like you're mentioning is pretty pathetic, I too believe that translates into their work ethic, the most I've dropped my power tool is if I unexpectedly need my second hand available to hold onto something I'm working on, I'll drop it to the floor, but break the fall with my foot. Just for example.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if they run a promo right out the starting gate when they hit the shelves.... We all know Milwaukee loves their promos lol

• Like 4

I think they are priced too high.

At the end of the day, it's still plastic. $4.00 worth of aluminum doesn't justify $79.00, not when the same size box is $29.00 from the same company. They are charging Veto prices for bags that are not even close!

Are they cool? Sure are. But they look cheap. The color scheme and design look dated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

I think they are priced too high.

At the end of the day, it's still plastic. $4.00 worth of aluminum doesn't justify $79.00, not when the same size box is $29.00 from the same company. They are charging Veto prices for bags that are not even close!

Are they cool? Sure are. But they look cheap. The color scheme and design look dated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that they are priced too high.  It took me a while to jump on board the Tough System bandwagon, and that was only after they released the holiday combo last year.  The 20" Packout tote and the rolling tool box each cost more than I paid for either my Ridgid or Tough System combos, and the small tool box costs the same as the XL Tough System one.

Both the Ridgid and DeWalt kind of blend in with a job site or garage and are easily camouflaged while these Milwaukee red boxes and totes scream for attention.  LOOK, EXPENSIVE TOOLS INSIDE!   Regardless, I'm sure they'll be popular with those who can afford them and who need this type of item.  I'm a mere DIY'er and doubt I'll need most of my tools professionally in my next career, so the almost $500 stack shown will not come home with me unless I can find it on deep clearance at Home Depot.

• Like 2

I agree 100%

I am an electrician, I have spent a small fortune on bags, boxes and carts.
I have owned every brand of bag, backpack and pouch.
I have had Makita, Milwaukee, dewalt tough, dewalt tstak and Stanley boxes.

None hit the sweet spot. Milwaukee is hands down the best concept. I was actually excited. Then I saw the pricing!!!!!!

I really hope they adjust the pricing, in Canada we get screwed hard enough. With the exchange, a good setup will be $700 or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@HiltiWpg I totally agree. As I have said, the price is slightly concerning to me. However, I would like to see the actual system in person so I can see if it is practical for my current trade. I will be more likely to spend my money if they system is as strong and awesome as all the videos seem to make it out to be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Obviously I'm not a contractor and if I was not so deep in my systainers I'd probably be adding to my Dewalt tough system but these look really high quality and though expensive I have learned over the years that my tools, which will be used professionally in the near future, cost a lot of $$$ so an investment in a modular system isn't a far fetch for me. Milwaukees cases look pretty tough, I thing the tests they were shooting videos were very biased against Dewalt, most noteably the cement block being dropped by the corner on the Dewalt while flat on the Milwaukee but regardless, these things will take a serious crash and keep your expensive investments safe. 

I heard they let the invities drop cinder blocks and they got the same results. I don't recall seeing much video on it, I saw a few other drops. I heard Dan slammed a cinder block on the Milwaukee and it didn't break but again, I didn't see it. I'd like to see how other systems compare in durability.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

That would be pretty cool to see. The video was clearly biased but aren't they all?

So true... I have yet to see a video where the manufacturer shows someone else's product being better than their own. I think it would be tough to sell your product if you conceded that.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

So true... I have yet to see a video where the manufacturer shows someone else's product being better than their own. I think it would be tough to sell your product if you conceded that.  

I don't know about showing that another product is better but I'd be happy to see where they admit cons but still highlight pros...the problem is mostly reps are brainwashed into thinking that their product is the best and a lot don't know anything about the competition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

I don't know about showing that another product is better but I'd be happy to see where they admit cons but still highlight pros...the problem is mostly reps are brainwashed into thinking that their product is the best and a lot don't know anything about the competition.

I think the reps probably know a LOT about the competition and aren't brainwashed at all.  They're PAID to downplay the strengths of the competition and the weakness of their offerings, so they might come across as kool-aid zombies sometimes when they're talking up how their offerings are 400% better than anything else.

• Like 1

eight-gallon.jpg

Looking at the picture, it's clear that something could be made to latch to the top, but I can't imagine the PackOut boxes being that something.  There are no recesses on the top surface and the latch points are pretty far down the sides.  Honestly, with the shape of the tapered top, I don't know that I'd want a toolbox stack that would be that narrow.

3 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I agree, that would be refreshing. I have talked to our local Milwaukee rep on numerous occasions... with that, I have yet to hear him complement another company, other than Bosch with their lasers. Also, I have only heard him say something bad about one or two things with Milwaukee, which isn't totally truthful as not all of their products are 100% dynamite in the field. It's is job, which I get... but I trust reviews on here and Home Depot more so than his.

If you go to Dewalt web sites..you will see them compare the latest other brand tool and same size battery directly against their own...unlike Milwaukee last year comparing the flex 6ah against the Milwaukee 9ah.....obviously they had to...we see Dewalts 9ah is superior........I think Dewalt does fair test