Pack out prices

SetBuilder

12 hours ago, Framer joe said:

If you go to Dewalt web sites..you will see them compare the latest other brand tool and same size battery directly against their own...unlike Milwaukee last year comparing the flex 6ah against the Milwaukee 9ah.....obviously they had to...we see Dewalts 9ah is superior........I think Dewalt does fair test

Did they show their 9amp on a 20V tool? Or were they using the flex volt for this test on a 60v model? Just curious, because I have not seen too much with their 9amp

They have direct comparisons with a Dewalt 9ah and a Milwaukee 9ah on the same tool ,newest models,same tool same battery......I don't see Dewalt misleading in their testing against anyone...unlike Milwaukee does. Not to say Dewalt doesn't embelllish or stretch the truth ,but the tests I see are equal comparisons. 

• Like 1

if they turn out to be as good as they say, then the price seems fair to me, they look like a really nice quality that has caught my eye, cant wait to see them in person. not much more than a tough system. a tough system with cart and three boxes will set you back around 300.00. i have a few tstak boxes that have been confined to shop use only, too light duty for truck and job site duty. but then again you get what you pay for.

@mohawkdec, yeah you make a few valid points. Once all of the Canadian guys on IG get their boxes I will be anxious to see their reviews. I am with you, in that I think if they are as nice as they say they are then the price shouldn't be too bad. However, I am usually cautious when spending that kind of money, especially for something that doesn't come with a battery or a cord.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 9:56 PM, Framer joe said:

If you go to Dewalt web sites..you will see them compare the latest other brand tool and same size battery directly against their own...unlike Milwaukee last year comparing the flex 6ah against the Milwaukee 9ah.....obviously they had to...we see Dewalts 9ah is superior........I think Dewalt does fair test

On 7/20/2017 at 1:20 PM, khariV said:

I think the reps probably know a LOT about the competition and aren't brainwashed at all.  They're PAID to downplay the strengths of the competition and the weakness of their offerings, so they might come across as kool-aid zombies sometimes when they're talking up how their offerings are 400% better than anything else.

Milwaukee is a marketing company that sells tools. I wouldn't trust any of their tests, or most of the things their employees say (I mean Dewalt is hardly innocent in this, but their graphs and "stats" are at least not blatantly misleading). That being said, these are clearly good quality boxes. Being able to stack half sized boxes onto the larger ones is pretty cool.

I am glad Milwaukee guys have some nice boxes,,..and some nice design elements.(a half box,and locking bags)  They may be sturdy, rugged ..we will see in time if they hold up or break tabs or last....I only said I didn't think they were game changers. ...if I was a Milwaukee guy ,I'm sure I'd buy into it.....I do like my tough boxes and tstak ...and they are proven to last and take a beating.....

....I love all companies expanding and growing cuz we have choices, it's awesome!!!!' Makita is slamming it lately too...

• Like 1

I mean I guess I don't feel that it's relevant to what brand is on the box as long as it's high quality? Yeah these seem to be the cats meow, but that doesn't mean that they're better than the tough system boxes, as none of us have used them yet. As long as the companies keep improving and making products that are more ergonomical for the people that actually have to use them.. that's all I ask and ever will ask. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

I mean I guess I don't feel that it's relevant to what brand is on the box as long as it's high quality? Yeah these seem to be the cats meow, but that doesn't mean that they're better than the tough system boxes, as none of us have used them yet. As long as the companies keep improving and making products that are more ergonomical for the people that actually have to use them.. that's all I ask and ever will ask. 

Darn straight bro. One way to look at it, regardless of profession, if you have an investment in tools why not organize them in a fashion that works? On the professional level, look how happy your clients will be when they see organization and not chaos all over the place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

One way to look at it, regardless of profession, if you have an investment in tools why not organize them in a fashion that works?On the personal level, look how happy your wife/girlfriend/significant other will be when they see organization and not chaos all over the place.

I fixed your statement so all of us can use it to justify spending more money to buy tools to organize our tools. :D

• Like 3

It makes life soo much easier. I've always gotten crap for being OCD...Yeah, I am a little OCD. But I'm the only guy in the hockey locker room or at work or in my garage that can grab exactly what's needed without looking, most of the time they're digging and I just grab it. In my car, ask me for a pen and it's in my hand 2 seconds later.

Organization can be a pain when you're not organized but after you get it done, it makes your life soo much easier. If you're really organized you also rarely will lose a tool, let alone leave a tool at a jobsite. The only thing I lose are my pencils and tape measures when I'm measuring and laying out wood projects.

These bags being able to latch to the top of their boxes gives you a single rolling system that keeps your hand tools attached to your power tools and/or whatever you have in the large boxes. No damaging walls by slamming your bag or scratching paint off with the bag on your shoulder while maneuvering while holding other items. It gets the majority of hand tools out of the box and in a bag that necessitates organization. This is soo simple of an idea that we wonder why they didn't do it sooner. Dewalt is going to have an issue because they don't even make bags, will CLC make bags that can work with their systems?

I really do think it's a game changer, how many bags do you see with the bottom filled with fasteners/screws/etc? I've seen a lot, now you have a pretty large organizer that can attach under the bag. It doesn't take up space in the bag, it cleans your bag up, AND you can carry more. It doesn't really effect how the bag works, CLC has their large organizer that zips into the bottom of the bag, similar idea but when that organizer is out then you have a less stable bag and the organizer is smaller and less robust!

• Like 1

@BMack37 100% agree. I get crap all the time about my weather guard tool box being so clean and organized... but I'll tell you one thing, I know where everything is at all times. If it's a drill, or down to a screw driver, I can tell you exactly where it is. I have been into small "house calls" for minor repairs when people call... so the main issue is I will never know what I'm getting into or what I may exaclty need. Now I can roll up with all my tools, fasteners, etc and be efficient. Opposed to going in and out 10 times getting my tools.  After more research I'm super excited about the packout system. Also, I'll be curious to see if they add anything additionally for next year... not that I know what they should add, but the video I watched said there would be more to come? We shall see.

• Like 1

@Jronman I can't speak for individuals, but from a company standpoint... the messier the site/conditions, the more issues that site will have. That's the track record I have seen in my profession anyways. Totally agree though, disorganization is being lazy, in my opinion.