DeWALT Power Station

FrosBros82

I saw that on Home Depot the DCB1800M3T1 (portable power station) is $499.99 with a flex volt and three 20v batteries. Seemed like a good deal to me...  anyways, does anyone have one that can give some advice on the unit? I saw the rep run one and I thought it looked pretty handy, but she naturally is going to say all of the positives. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,

FB82

I saw that on Home Depot the DCB1800M3T1 (portable power station) is $499.99 with a flex volt and three 20v batteries. Seemed like a good deal to me...  anyways, does anyone have one that can give some advice on the unit? I saw the rep run one and I thought it looked pretty handy, but she naturally is going to say all of the positives. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
FB82
Reviews online are excellent. It's a fantastic unit. Buy and enjoy.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

With the run time, is the flexvolt acting as a 60v tool with a 2.0 or a 20v with a 6.0? Or is it irrelevant? 

its like 4 20v batteries would be my guess.

1 hour ago, midogrumpy said:

there is a new version "around" the corner, wait a bit

I assume 2500 watt

maybe this will be flexvolt only?

We have two at work...great for an overnight charger ,,,way way way too long for a jobsite charger ,takes 3 about 3 hrs to charge 4 flex 3/6 ah ...but as a power station it works great...runtime depends on what batteries are on it and what your powering up.....there are good videos on YT for runtime actual use.......personally I'm waiting for gen 2...hopefully faster charging ,maybe USB ports, smaller,lighter, maybe a top cover for the elements...??

I bought one for back-up power for my gas furnace and also as a power source for the few times I don't feel like running an extension cord. Two winters ago we lost power during a storm for most of a day and it was getting a bit chilly by the time they finally corrected the problems they were having. Regular gas generator would be too much of a pain to operate in those conditions so this item fits the bill as an emergency back up for interior use.

• Like 1

That's a super good idea @JMG. I was thinking about using it for small side jobs where I need to run something off a cord. It's rare, since the world is mostly cordless now, but there have been occasions where I would need to mix grout, table saw, etc.

44 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

Yeah I am not sure if that part is relevant or not... since it's just a wattage? No idea.

The energy is generally expressed in Wh and therefore is independant from the voltage.

So if you have 4 3/9ah flexvolt batteries, the available energy would be :

4*9ah*20v = 4*3ah*60v = 720Wh.

So you could run a 720 W load for one hour continuously or 1440 W for 30 minutes with these batteries.

• Like 2