Cordless Tool Trivia

dwain

18 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Graco uses DeWalt
Southwire uses Milwaukee
Zoomlock by Parker uses Makita. It's a press tool for our refrigerant fittings.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Was tricky to find the zoomlock press tool but I found it which means your correct and your turn

for Makita you could also say Greenlee. I saw their cable cutters and crimpers use Makita batteries.

• Like 1

Was tricky to find the zoomlock press tool but I found it which means your correct and your turn

for Makita you could also say Greenlee. I saw their cable cutters and crimpers use Makita batteries.
Of course I'm correct lol. It's a specialty tool but I've used it so I should know haha.. also the Zoomlock tool is made by Klauke in Germany, which is owned by Greenlee!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

How does this work? Are they under licence to use the batteries configuration? 

Yes. It's cheaper for them than designing and branding their own battery, and they know it's a wasted cost because no one wants to get into a battery platform for one tool.

• Thanks 2

Is this referring to cordless? If corded, then Milwaukee in the 1920's, I think 1924. 

I literally read this last night when reading an article comparing Dewalt and Milwaukee.

Or, I could have got things mixed up, I only had 1 hour sleep last night because the baby is sick (hence reading a ton of articles through the night :-\).

Is this referring to cordless? If corded, then Milwaukee in the 1920's, I think 1924. 

I literally read this last night when reading an article comparing Dewalt and Milwaukee.

Or, I could have got things mixed up, I only had 1 hour sleep last night because the baby is sick (hence reading a ton of articles through the night :-\).

Electric/corded.

Technically, you got the bonus marks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

In 1924, A.H. Peterson developed the Hole-Shooter, a lightweight, portable drill that a user could operate with one hand. After fire destroyed Peterson’s facility, Milwaukee Electric Tool Co. acquired the product.

Ahh, close, that's where I got mixed up. It's lucky I even remembered Milwaukee was somewhere in the loop considering it was 4am when I read it.

• Like 1