Cordless Tool Trivia

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@dwain Milwaukee, DeWALT, Hitachi, Hilti

this one is tough. Makita 18v biscuit joiner?

Bosch makes one. Beyond that, I believe you're right.  

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Thank you :) what's the full name of an ' oz' ? :D

ounce in this case liquid ounces,  there is 2 different ounces

1 liquid ounce measures volume 

1 ounce measures weight

but same name????

however 8 ounces of water is equal to 8 ounces of weight go figure but it is only that for water, everything else might be a different 

8 hours ago, comp56 said:

ounce in this case liquid ounces,  there is 2 different ounces

1 liquid ounce measures volume 

1 ounce measures weight

but same name????

however 8 ounces of water is equal to 8 ounces of weight go figure but it is only that for water, everything else might be a different 

Not the simplest for an outsider :)

@comp56 I'm out of ideas so you can ask the next question

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I will keep this going

Name 5 tools from DeWALT that are hybrid meaning corded or cordless. Cannot include radios. Avoid similar tools like drill vs drill with hammer mode or fixed saw vs sliding. Something like a spot light vs an area light would be different enough to count as different guesses.

@fm2176 I thought the vac was corded too but I checked and saw nothing mentioned about being able to plug in. I could be mistaken though, I'll give it to ya though. Your up.

The other one I was thinking of was an old 18v fluorescent light. There was this 18v/20v led  light I thought was corded but same deal as the vac. No mention of being able to use a cord.

14 hours ago, Jronman said:

@fm2176 I thought the vac was corded too but I checked and saw nothing mentioned about being able to plug in. I could be mistaken though, I'll give it to ya though. Your up.

The other one I was thinking of was an old 18v fluorescent light. There was this 18v/20v led  light I thought was corded but same deal as the vac. No mention of being able to use a cord.

DeWalt offers 2 versions, cordless and hybrid.  I have the cheaper battery only version. 

Next, I'll offer a convoluted question with an easy answer:

What did early ni-cad to lithium battery conversions require the purchase of?  What would happen if the original equipment were used?  To clarify: Ryobi, Porter Cable, and other manufacturers offered 18v ni-cad systems that later adopted lithium ion batteries.  These batteries were not compatible with all components of the original ni-cad kits.

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

DeWalt offers 2 versions, cordless and hybrid.  I have the cheaper battery only version. 

Next, I'll offer a convoluted question with an easy answer:

What did early ni-cad to lithium battery conversions require the purchase of?  What would happen if the original equipment were used?  To clarify: Ryobi, Porter Cable, and other manufacturers offered 18v ni-cad systems that later adopted lithium ion batteries.  These batteries were not compatible with all components of the original ni-cad kits.

a new charger?

• 2 years later...

@dwain Makita has their premium brushless at 2100 rpm and Bosch aso has the 18v brute tough drill at 2100 rpm. any over 2100 rpm I saw did so via 3 or 4 speeds. I am guessing I am missing one but I am not sure what it could be.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...