comp56

Reno's Extreme

........ Beautiful work ! Simply outstanding

thanks fone,

on to starting floor, went with large tiles.......

N9HmpwK.jpg

waiting for tile to set is almost as fun as watching paint dry, so I added the needed pieces to complete the range hood...
ft83ptj.jpg?1

final tweaks and adjustments before base cabinets get nailed down....
Vf2Ekrs.jpg
aykwbfT.jpg?1
funny back splash doesn't look like it goes far enough on microwave side but it is the angle of picture....

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has worked with bamboo counter tops? It not being wood per say but is very close. Needless to say while I am splicing the counter and cutting the hole for sink I will pass on a tip: this stuff is harder than hard maple and will burn if a poor or dull blade is used.....A high tooth count blade is also best....also a very sharp splinter free cut can be achieved...sink in the hole, now the sanding and sealing begins......
XKreZt8.jpg
5YQkvE2.jpg
08vGADV.jpg

• Like 1

good and bad news...so it turns out fine dust from sanding counter top splices created a super fine covering in the area. It turned out I had sink on floor and it got covered in this super fine dust, well because of this I discovered the sink has a couple hair line cracks in 2 corners.......I bought the sink online almost 5 months ago......(sale what are you gonna do) anyway Kudo's goes out to Amazon.ca as their return policy is 90 days however when I explained that I hadn't installed it yet they said no problem sent me a shipping label to return cracked sink (no charge) and placed an order for a new sink 2 day shipping.....

sanding up with 320GT before sealing
ZpX365f.jpg
8bsH0sY.jpg
instead of going with the traditional 45 in the corner I just spliced a piece right along side 
seeings the seam is so hard to see it worked out great. the seam is actually in the middle of the picture....
drIYRLz.jpg
went with a natural satin finish 
 b1ztWg4.jpg
also got tall pantry and pull out put in place
pmpxAr7.jpg
MBlcETe.jpg
new sink or replacement sink will be here Wednesday so will be getting that plumbed in then.....I'm taking tomorrow off......lol

• Like 2

all done but sink faucet and some baseboard trim........
 Oz6ry9t.jpg
JTXW3oy.jpg

• Like 2

all plumbed in, little trim work and I can have a long awaited spaghetti dinner........lol
 zTYwjLE.jpg
GmvosoA.jpg

• Like 2

finishing up with some kick plate or toe kick what ever it is called, I didn't like the typical black plate that came with the dishwasher, seeings the kick plate I will be installing is high gloss like the cabinets the black factory plate would not look right, I didn't want a brake in the line even if I painted the factory one white. So I got a little creative by kerfing out the area where the dishwasher sticks out to match the factory thin plate. 
JWcAIn9.jpg
VhSknCZ.jpg
so instead of this look I get a clean straight line....
oCVk0GG.png
QAod5gw.jpg

• Like 2

Well my Kitchen reno is complete, 97 days of not having a kitchen sink is incredibly inconvenient but that is all over with now. The next order of business was to make my wife 6 ft tall, I did this by making here a 1 foot step stool from left over counter top. Seeings she is very petite 105LBS @5 ft 2 inch if she is jumping, it didn't need to be over built. It doubles as a plant stand when not in use too..... 
YrZBRhQ.jpg
Tqdx9oN.jpg

• Like 3

Now that the kitchen is 99.9% complete, (just waiting on new fridge) I'm bored......so I'm making new bottoms for the chairs, don't care for the round bar my feet rest on so I took some red oak and made some new ones trying to match theme of the table....
jta0Se0.jpg

• Like 1

little more trim work, didn't want to drywall angled part of stair case with corner bead ect ect so I took some red oak and made a cap. Will be staining it just dry fitting first...
phQW1S1.jpg
j3EUDj4.jpg

• Like 1

New counter depth side by side completes our new kitchen, it fits like a glove, thankfully I had my measurements correct seeings I just bought the fridge....lol
xSiS8ET.jpg