Reno's Extreme

comp56

while fitting new windows,  ( today rained like a bugger ) so I made a set of sliding closet doors, just dry fitting them before they get painted...will have white glass inserts when finished. just setting a place for handles.20170920_114538.thumb.jpg.4b03c44fb7122fcb04a575adbc5d21d1.jpg

20170920_190739.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MrNoob said:

Professionally made! very good job,

But why in US you all live in wooden houses?

You never heard about The Three Little Pigs tale?

haha first I'm not in the US but in Canada and my house is made from wood but covered in cement and stucco .....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Using a brush? Can't say I have seen that before! I will say I can decently hang drywall I can't mud for the life of me!!

ya i've used a brush since forever. it is easier faster and it makes for a great soft brush later when cleaned.... 

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

Must be a really northern Canadian thing I live in Detroit and never see that cross the border!!

probably not even that, an old guy showed me this about 40 plus years ago and have done it like that ever since whenever I did any taping......

continuing on with drywall mudding, I put a small 20" x 34" etched glass pane that I had laying around in the wall that goes around stairs.  I just sandwiched the plate between sill trim on both sides......This way some natural light can come through from window in master bedroom. will put a picture frame border around it on both sides once drywall and paint is all finished.....

mw1.jpg

mw2.jpg

mw3.jpg

finally getting to the third coat of mud, the lines are all getting crisp little more in a couple spots and a quick sanding (I say quick as it looks ready now) and primer then paint.....even the little guy approves....

20171130_171445.jpg

20171130_171500.jpg

20171130_171549.jpg

20171130_171618.jpg

thanks big Mike.....

well the landing/sitting area/open office space/sewing area/ not sure what to call it.....primed and ready for paint.....it is only about 7'x 10.5' so it can't be much more than that....20171203_153651.thumb.jpg.ae4d63507f9f2915e6c842c9092eb864.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, regopit said:

When the primer goes on things are getting close to the end. Nice job Comp and as using a brush for the compound I've seen guys use a 9in roller for the finish coat.

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2011/05/31/roll-compound-on-your-drywall-seams-for-faster-easier-taping

thanks regopit, ya a roller would probably be good too as I generally make my joints way wider than most on finish coats.... the result try finding one....lol

• Like 1

continuing on with floor, needed a stair nose to meet flooring, I refused to buy one for the money they want so I made one with black ask the same as the rest of the stairs I already made. Will stain it to match ....

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg