Reno's Extreme

comp56

Quick desk project today, kid wanted an 11 foot by 7 foot L shaped desk. I went with oak and trimmed it with clear pine....squared up cedar posts for legs clear coated everything.....

20171220_195620.jpg

• Like 3

sharing a little jig I made up to install my bathroom floor tiles. Now as much as I would like to say that I built the room perfectly square I had no control over the 2 outside walls and I only added the 2 interior walls to complete the room. Now after checking the room seems to be pretty good but I don't want to assume anything when cutting the tiles. I'm installing 12"x 24" tile in a herringbone pattern so there will be lots of small angle cuts all around the outside of the room and I want to make sure the cuts stay consistent from the edge. This little jig is completely adjustable for angle and length...

20171226_202105.jpg

20171226_202209.jpg

• Like 1

thanks dude, I do it pretty much by feel, and a straight edge and applying the same amount of thinset evenly helps too... One trick is to spread the thinset in one direction one way and not  in circles like many people do. I also run my finger against last tile edges to remove thinset before I place next tile down. when placing tile I place it about 1/2" from both edges and slide it while pushing down to proper gap thickness. 

well waited about 48 hours before I grouted, (the longer the better. I say)...anyway the chocolate grout turned out nicely. during the next few days I will remove the haze while it is curing and work on installing the door and trim then finally start hooking up the fixtures toilet vanity tub ect ect not sure what everyone thinks is best for doorway transition, I always go half way each so when door is closed you can't see other room's flooring. on a side note: wife is getting happier everyday goes by.... 

bathroom1.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, T75R said:

Looks really good Comp, you using a wet saw for your cuts?

thanks T75R, no wet saw just my good ol Milwaukee Fuel grinder with a diamond blade worked like a charm.

• Like 1

made some floating shelves out of 1.5" thick bamboo, these were then stained in a dark espresso and rubbed sealer applied.....
just a few touches that need to be finished and the entire upstairs will be complete, rock bed next then Done!

side note: good thing I only put free standing faucet in back side for picture the other day as wife wanted in front not back.....so I picked it up and moved it in front she almost came un-glued.....lol now it is all plumbed in and fully functional, no moving it now...haha

20180106_183733.jpg

20180106_185351.jpg

20180106_202401.jpg

• Like 1