Flexvolt Rear Handle 7-1/4" Circular Saw

jtkendall

Looks like Dewalt is releasing a Flexvolt Rear Handle 7-1/4" Circular Saw. Availability in November. The prices listed in the post are most likely CAD since that's where Tegs Tools is located.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Edited by jtkendall
Added Image since the Instagram post was removed.
  • Like 4

Well it looks like I'll be moving up to Flex by Christmas. Was contemplating sticking with 20v since there's been so much support and overlapping tools but this one does it for me if the reviews give it as much love as the Flex 7 1/4" blade right, with the same motor you'd think it would be just as good if not better.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwain said:

Looks like a beast. I've personally never used a rear-handle or wormguard saw.

I can't really see the appeal to be honest...

these style of saws are not only blade left but tend to have more torque than regular circular saws. 

5 minutes ago, Jronman said:

these style of saws are not only blade left but tend to have more torque than regular circular saws. 

yeah I know, I've just never though to myself "this 1500W side-winder doesn't have enough power" ;)

It's probably because I'm quite young, and the last 8-odd years that I've used power tools (apart from the odd drill), have been spoiled by more and more powerful tools.

6 hours ago, dwain said:

so the regular sidewinder saw (with left blade) isn't an ergonomic for you (as a right hander)?

The only sidewinder I don't refuse to use are the cordless blade left saws. I've used worm drives for 11 years and I can't stand to hold a blade right saw. I'll walk across a football field to go get my own before I'll make a cut. 

• Like 3

Agree with the posts from above... I guess I have also never really had a complaint with a basic sidewinder saw not having enough power. Also, I am pretty sure that in the beginning of a circular saw they were not designing them specifically for left or right handed people... the blade was just on the right? (I don't know that for sure, but a senior carpenter told me that). Lastly, does anyone have a spec on this in terms of weight?

On 8/17/2017 at 6:00 AM, Framer joe said:

I'm thinking a different motor ,more powerful , not just the same flex circ saw motor in a new shell.....

Most likely thesame motor. It's also a sidewinder, same rpm's, same size casing of the motor so would expect exactly thesame performance of the flexvolt :)

Edit: scrap that! More powerfull motor confirmed !