Rocket HD

Jronman

It doesn't look like it'll plug in or charge batteries.

Some pics and specs:

Unmatched Performance, All Day Runtime. The M18 ROCKET Dual Pack Tower Light with 1 Key can get light to any environment on any terrain with its 3 leg position options, whether you need quick deployment, or maximum stability, or need to get the light off the ground with its 7 second setup and 5 ft. 5 in. deployment height. It also offers maximum portability with its stowed 22 in. size perfect for carrying long distances to a scene. Its rotating light head offers 5400-Lumens of high output light and can run up to 26 hours with its dual battery design giving users the ability to use 1 or 2 M18 batteries. It can withstand the harshest environments with its sealed battery design making it waterproof and dustproof. The Dual Pack Tower Light is 1-Key capable allowing users to track and set runtimes for unmatched customization. Its high quality LEDs never need to be replaced and are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

• 5400-Lumen up to 26 hours of runtime
  • 7 second setup 5 ft. 5 in. extension
  • 22 in. when collapsed
  • Waterproof and dustproof
  • Dual battery design: use 1 or 2 batteries
  • 3-leg positions: stowed, tripod, 180°
  • 1 key capable
  • 3 output modes for optimal brightness and runtime
  • High mode: 5400-Lumen for up to 7 hours with 2 M18 high demand 9.0 batteries
  • Medium mode: 3100-Lumen for up to 12.5 hours with (2) M18 high demand 9.0 batteries
  • Low mode: 1600-Lumen for up to 26 hours with (2) M18 high demand 9.0 batteries
  • Includes: 2120-20 M18 Rocket dual pack tower light, (2) M18 redlithium high demand 9.0 battery pack, M18/M12 rapid charger, shoulder strap

image.thumb.jpeg.c5e2d4f688eba1123f4857561a31e498.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c20302463739ec5d47df8aca20bcbfd2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2623b551b7405b0d335cccd1b3782903.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d097dbf428a5bf9c5461cd36943649a7.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Honestly this is so friggin awesome, I'm getting an itchy finger ready to buy it, but man that salty price tag... 

As in block of salt salty? The price on that thing is horrifying. Makes the price on the rocket look tame...

As in block of salt salty? The price on that thing is horrifying. Makes the price on the rocket look tame...
Yes lol salt block salty.... enough to last several steers several weeks licking it [emoji23] [emoji31] [emoji31]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, DR99 said:

Tool prices are getting crazy lately. I dunno what is worse tools or smartphones

Definitely tools. You only have to buy one phone every two years. When was the last time one of us went two years without buying a new tool?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, khariV said:

Definitely tools. You only have to buy one phone every two years. When was the last time one of us went two years without buying a new tool?

I've had the same from since 2013, only 4 years. Damn thing is starting to bog down because the apps need more memory. I'm going to have to upgrade soon, it sucks because I like the small iPhone 5 form factor...now I have to get a larger and heavier phone again(Had a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket previously). I'm using my phone a lot since I started doing damage assessments so I guess it's a tool for me.

I don't really know why they are charging soo much for the lighting. I knew it when I saw it that I was going to be priced out of this. To me $100 prices me out of the game, I normally buy used or clearance LED lighting from Milwaukee, its too damn expensive. I guess that has to play a role in the cost, a lot of people don't want premium area lighting so the sales numbers are lower, which means the production and R&D costs has less units to absorb the cost. It's one reason why specialty tools are pretty expensive...though there also has to be some additional cost just because they know a lot of contractors are going to buy it and can afford it, nothing comparable in the market.

From the promo materials, this light, like the bucket light, is targeted for utility workers that probably don't buy their own equipment.  I'm guessing you're right that they're not expecting to sell as many, so they're more expensive. Now, why they'd think that the average home owner wouldn't want a crazy bright light that collapses down to nothing, lasts all night long and is waterproof, is beyond me.  This one is pretty much everything I want in a portable light for doing work around the house in the dark corners.

6 hours ago, khariV said:

From the promo materials, this light, like the bucket light, is targeted for utility workers that probably don't buy their own equipment.  I'm guessing you're right that they're not expecting to sell as many, so they're more expensive. Now, why they'd think that the average home owner wouldn't want a crazy bright light that collapses down to nothing, lasts all night long and is waterproof, is beyond me.  This one is pretty much everything I want in a portable light for doing work around the house in the dark corners.

Because of the price. The price was semi-set because of the rocket light, it has to be more than that price was set.

I do wonder how cheap they could get this thing if they really needed to with the same design and materials. It would still be a few hundred dollars, I imagine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 6:17 AM, khariV said:

I still have an iPhone 4 which was released 7 or so years ago.