2x20V lawn mower

Pouet

A 60V mower would be just willy-waving. If what you're cutting needs 60V, you shouldn't be using a mower.

Given Dewalt's entire OPE range to date has both 20V and 40V versions, I'd lay money that a 40V model is not far behind this.

But a 2x 20V model is just what I'm after. I'm assuming the quoted 1/4 acre runtime is for 2x 5Ah. Stick a couple of big FVs in there and I guess the runtime would (broadly) scale up accordingly.

It will be a while before the pro landscaper even gives a glance towards battery power tools.  I recently saw a video of a Makita chainsaw with two 18v batteries cutting a 6x6 and it was laughable.

When I owned a tree svc I used to send all my saws out to be ported to get more power out of them, even the 088. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An Email just popped into my inbox, Acme has listed the 2 X 20 volt mower for $ 399:

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dcmw220p2

If my old gas powered mower ever dies, this might get a serious look, no engine to maintain, it takes the same batteries I already have. Seems like  it is a little more expensive than a basic gas powered mower, but less than most higher quality mowers.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

Seems like  it is a little more expensive than a basic gas powered mower, but less than most higher quality mowers.

Thats not a bad price at all. I think my gas push mower was around the same price. It does have powered rear wheels with Toro's personal pace system which this doesn't have.