2x20V lawn mower

Pouet

I have the Ego self propelled model the battery mowers are so much lighter you don't really notice it like an old heavy gas model. If you have a bigger yard with hills maybe you still want a self propelled model. Just my experience.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, I just preordered mine from Acme. They had a coupon code going on, which made the price very appealing.  I really wish the release date would get firmed up a bit.  Some say April, some say May.   I’ve got a new house and don’t own a mower yet, so i don’t want to get caught too late into the season.  

I’m also curious to why they don’t include (2) of the 6ah 20v batteries.  Doesn’t bother me too bad since i own some flexvolt batteries though.  

I’m also a little bummed about it being a 20” and not a 21” or 22”, but not a deal breaker.  Now I’ve just got to find a good mulching blade for it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just went ahead and ordered mine from Acme also.   I have a 15 year old self propelled Toro that still works pretty well so I should be ok if it gets delayed a bit.  It is my last gas device.  I was hoping for a 22" or self propelled also but hopefully at least that means the mower will never bog down since all power can be diverted to cutting instead of propelling it.  

You mention, needing to find a good mulching blade.  Have you already heard or seen that the blade it comes with is not sufficient for that?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine came in.  Unfortunately is was raining all day so I was not able to really try it.  It seems fairly solid but not sure about the key.  It does not always go on easily and worry it could break over time.  I also wonder about the padding/grip material at the top of the handle bars.  Between the dirt and sweat I see that as potentially wearing down and falling apart quickly.  

But the most important part about how it cuts/bags/mulches will have to wait until this weekend.

3 hours ago, BigTuras said:

I also wonder about the padding/grip material at the top of the handle bars

Is it the same as the 20V string trimmer handle? It's made of similar stuff to those stress balls. I'm just waiting for mine to fall apart. It should have been hard rubber.

I just received shipping and tracking info from Acme last night for the 2x20v mower.  Says I should have it Monday, so that is awesome news.  Surprising there hasn’t been much press or previews floating around.  
DeWalt has not sent any samples to anybody. I was not given a affirmative yes on getting a sample myself. I checked out the 40-volt version my local Lowe's store had in stock. I was not overly impressed with the build quality. The handle is a pain to put up and down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It does look to be the material as the string trimmer.  With that maybe it will hold up a little better than I thought.  I have had the string trimmer for 2 years now and so far so good.  I am just a home owner though so only use it once a week.

• Like 1

SO it cut and bagged fairly well on the first cut.  The cut was clean.  The two batteries it came with though did not make it through the whole yard.  I have a quarter acre plot and it only made it about 75% of the way through.I think I getting a pair of the 9AH Flexvolt batteries will definitely help.  I was bagging, not mulching.  I don't know if that takes more energy pushing the grass into the bag or not but it was a little to tall to mulch.  Next week I will try mulching instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/29/2018 at 4:45 PM, BigTuras said:

SO it cut and bagged fairly well on the first cut.  The cut was clean.  The two batteries it came with though did not make it through the whole yard.  I have a quarter acre plot and it only made it about 75% of the way through.I think I getting a pair of the 9AH Flexvolt batteries will definitely help.  I was bagging, not mulching.  I don't know if that takes more energy pushing the grass into the bag or not but it was a little to tall to mulch.  Next week I will try mulching instead. 

I find mulching to put the most strain on a mower so if I were to guess you would get less runtime by mulching. Could wait for the 12 ah batteries to come out then maybe the 9 ah will be priced lower?

Scotty, wondering what your thoughts on your unit were?  I am happy with the performance of the unit but still not with the batteries.  I mulched my yard using two 9ah Flexvolt batteries and was able to complete the yard.  I did have about 5 strips that it would not make it through as it was just to tall and kept bogging down.  I had to put on fresh batteries for that.  I just don't by that the two included 5ah batteries would be able to do 1/4 acre unless on it is not actually cutting anything and just running while you go over the lawn.  I think they should of included those to begin with.  It will take longer to recoup the value of no gas with the added price.  But the convenience of no gas is nice.  

• Like 1

This look cool. I apologize for asking, as I am sure that someone else already has.... but why wouldn't they make this a 60v? I get that you can use the batteries, but in terms of optimal power wouldn't that be the way to go?

FB82

• Like 1