Running List for Dewalt Tool @ TOUGHINSOUTH Event

JimboS1ice

Well I did not see alot of tools I really relly need, except the mid torque wrench but I think we all can agree about FV being a big hit and kept alive since Dewalt keep releasing new tools now and then. They are surely aiming to take over the corded market completely. The tripod light shows that they may be looking over their cordless work lights with hopefully more lights to come.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Some more info on the 20v heater... saw it sitting on the shelf in the TIA live stream, but could have missed it if I blinked. Quick google search threw this up

https://www.supplyhog.com/c/heating-ventilation-air-conditioning/heaters/portable-forced-air-heaters-parts/p/dewalt-cordless-propane-forced-air-heater

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some more info on the 20v heater... saw it sitting on the shelf in the TIA live stream, but could have missed it if I blinked. Quick google search threw this up

https://www.supplyhog.com/c/heating-ventilation-air-conditioning/heaters/portable-forced-air-heaters-parts/p/dewalt-cordless-propane-forced-air-heater

Runtime: 9.5h on 5ah and 20h on 6.0ah. Wait what? [emoji848]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

I did notice some of the prices for the new Dewalt tools are kinda pricey the bare tool mud mixer is more than the Milwaukee.

Seems like a lot more plastic and moulding for those big ass leverage handles though. I think it's a superior design off paper. Stats I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, DR99 said:

Milwaukee was a little crazy for a moment on the pricing on their lighting.

And Dewalt responded in kind by doing the same thing when they brought out their DCL070. $400 for a light is just madness for people that just want a light and not all the other stuff. 

What's that? The die grinder?

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

No - like a 20v angle grinder but the disc was orientated vertically to the handle.. sorta like if you'd rotated the grinder to cut sheet stock, but the handle and trigger were rotated so your hand sat straight instaed of on the side

17 hours ago, SDS said:

No - like a 20v angle grinder but the disc was orientated vertically to the handle.. sorta like if you'd rotated the grinder to cut sheet stock, but the handle and trigger were rotated so your hand sat straight instaed of on the side

If I'm understanding you correctly you can do this with just about any grinder, remove the 4 bolts on the head, rotate 90 degrees and reinsert bolts. 

If I'm understanding you correctly you can do this with just about any grinder, remove the 4 bolts on the head, rotate 90 degrees and reinsert bolts. 
Cheers feel like a dummy now, as I did sorta know that lol. Obvious but forgotten, just excited for some more new tools :). Now I've got the flexvolt grinder might do that to my old 20v for cutting down sheet metal.

Cheers feel like a dummy now, as I did sorta know that lol. Obvious but forgotten, just excited for some more new tools [emoji4]. Now I've got the flexvolt grinder might do that to my old 20v for cutting down sheet metal.

Oh now I see. I think that you can do that with most grinders out there [emoji106]

On 8/22/2017 at 1:53 AM, SDS said:

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

10 hours ago, SDS said:

Cheers feel like a dummy now, as I did sorta know that lol. Obvious but forgotten, just excited for some more new tools :). Now I've got the flexvolt grinder might do that to my old 20v for cutting down sheet metal.

2 hours ago, Mattias Blomqvist said:

Oh now I see. I think that you can do that with most grinders out there emoji106.png

Rotate it 90 degrees in the correct direction and the sparks will fly out the bottom, rotate in the wrong direction and they are coming out the top. Either way some will make it back toward the operator, however out the top will be more noticeable and more annoying at the same time. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

many grinders have this feature but some do not like the new Bosch grinder.