Only 1 120v Tool

JakeDewalt

...we have been wanting, for a year. Time to start whining. Perhaps you don't understand, but this is the American way. :lol:

It's not as though we're asking for something fringe or illogical, this is the natural progression and the inevitable one as well. They already have the tools and have already made the technology, slap your existing adapter on your existing tools and push the shit down the aisle, it's not unreasonable when they've been planning this presumably for a few years already since they've got the patents cleared. In the time they engineered the 780 to become the 790, they could have done the same to an entire linup.  

Dewalt has a team of fast horses that they're always seemingly holding back and finishing in the top 5 but never winning the triple crown. They cut them loose around the track for one lap with the release of flexvolt and now they're pulling back again. It's frustrating to see the potential here and watch their ultra slow sabotage kind of unfold as they maintain a reactionary stance instead of a revolutionary one most of the time (flexvolt clearly being the one and only exception in the last few...well, decades.)

It's a bit incomprehensible IMO. 

• Thanks 1

Well said @Hugh Jass....I will add....We didn't assume Dewalt would make more 60v/ 120v tools ..they said ..."an entire platform of tools will follow.,this is just the beginning" ..it's not whining..It's BUISNESS..this isn't my Hobby...It's my Buisness..how I create wealth,jobs,........side note..the reason the USA is the greatest country on earth is Because we don't settle for less, we demand More.....

.....it's like when an architect firm with their ivy school education, tells little ol me, joe framer , that the plan isn't wrong it must be me,,..until you walk down the stairs and hit your head on a steel beam running through," that must be right it's on the plan " ....pencil pushers , sometimes don't see the big picture, I wonder if Dewalt does... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Ow ?

You have 110 volts out of the wall plugs ? 

No 240 from the wall so we have to plug in a transformer that ways somewhere around 10kg. And then plug our 110v tools direct to the transformer. A lot of bigger sites would have 110v power sources so rather than having to bring the transformer on them it normally means running 110v leads all over the place. A lot of guys in the private sector dont bother with 110v as health and safety rarely check on them and when they do its normally by appointment so you can be prepared

4 hours ago, Turner85 said:

No 240 from the wall so we have to plug in a transformer that ways somewhere around 10kg. And then plug our 110v tools direct to the transformer. A lot of bigger sites would have 110v power sources so rather than having to bring the transformer on them it normally means running 110v leads all over the place. A lot of guys in the private sector dont bother with 110v as health and safety rarely check on them and when they do its normally by appointment so you can be prepared

O_o do all your tools have to be plugged into a 240 to 110 volt convertor ? Daaamn that's alot of extra hassle.

1 minute ago, kornomaniac said:

O_o do all your tools have to be plugged into a 240 to 110 volt convertor ? Daaamn that's alot of extra hassle.

Yes they do on site.  I stay away from sitework though so i stick with 240v tools it just means if i ever do get offered site work they wont allow my tools in the gate

Today I learned why whining and American exceptionalism are two sides of the same coin 😂. 

I do think FlexVolt is expanding at a snail's pace but I'd expect that to change in the next year. This year's Dewalt experience seemed like a big push to catch 20v Max up to M18 a bit. 

• Like 2

Well it took awhile for the 20v max lineup to fill out. The first year and a 1/2 was just the basic's. It took a good 2 years for a jobsite radio, and forever for a finish nailer replacement. That annoyed a ton of guys especially when they came out with a framer first.

• Like 1

I think that because Milwaukee produce 30 new tools a year *innovation!* that people expect everyone else should. Well you heard it here first, not every company wants to be Milwaukee.

Do you know how many impact drivers Metabo has made on it's current lineup? 1
How many nailers have Bosh produced? 1. Metabo: 0. Makita: 1.

I get that people WANT stuff, but there's a difference between requesting/hoping and demanding/expecting.

Edit: And by the way, I'd take Dewalts 16Ga nailer over everyone else's put together (except Hitachi, who I haven't tried yet).

• Like 2

@dwain...it's not wanting hoping demanding expecting......it's Dewalt stating at launch that this new 60v platform will grow expeditiously...that new tools will follow quickly and expansively.......people bought into the platform expecting Dewalt to ...Keep Their Word ...year after year...1 new rear handle  saw doesn't cut it....

.....I realize your tied in with Dewalt and other companies but if you owned a business and invested thousands upon thousands of dollars based on this promise, and your productivity was limited do to this BS ....perhaps even cutting jobs due to slower production, you may not be so nonchalant about it.......

.....I get this is a fun forum sharing tool news and stories  for the DIY guy but a lot of us run companies or are self employed and rely on these tools ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

@dwain...1 new rear handle  saw doesn't cut it....

...well, perhaps a poor choice of words but yea not a lot of love for framers. As stated this was a catch-up season with the exception of that saw and the van rack. Neither of these really had strong competition to start outside of the 36v Makita (though I think the blade right flexvolt was said to be more powerful). 

32 minutes ago, dwain said:

I think that because Milwaukee produce 30 new tools a year *innovation!* that people expect everyone else should. Well you heard it here first, not every company wants to be Milwaukee.

Do you know how many impact drivers Metabo has made on it's current lineup? 1
How many nailers have Bosh produced? 1. Metabo: 0. Makita: 1.

I get that people WANT stuff, but there's a difference between requesting/hoping and demanding/expecting.

Edit: And by the way, I'd take Dewalts 16Ga nailer over everyone else's put together (except Hitachi, who I haven't tried yet).

We have seen some issues with Milwaukee releasing so many tools so fast the finish nailers being a good example of a tool that needed some more time to bake in development.

• Like 1

While I hear ya on that, most of what we're looking for already exists. If you want to talk about all new tools with new designs/electronics/ergonomics, etc... sure. Don't be premature, but for the most part what everyone has wanted is already there. We want a 120v Vac. Take the 120v Vac you already have, mount the 120v adapter for 60v batteries you already have, mould them together with a plastic housing, wire the focker and send it. It literally is that simple. Rinse and repeat for practically everything else. We don't need to reinvent the wheel here, this is like taking two lego bricks from two different sets and snapping them together. It just works because it's already designed too, nothing groundbreaking or proprietary needed. 

tumblr_inline_nq02caZdg81t3hflx_500.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

While I hear ya on that, most of what we're looking for already exists. If you want to talk about all new tools with new designs/electronics/ergonomics, etc... sure. Don't be premature, but for the most part what everyone has wanted is already there. We want a 120v Vac. Take the 120v Vac you already have, mount the 120v adapter for 60v batteries you already have, mould them together with a plastic housing, wire the focker and send it. It literally is that simple. Rinse and repeat for practically everything else. We don't need to reinvent the wheel here, this is like taking two lego bricks from two different sets and snapping them together. It just works because it's already designed too, nothing groundbreaking or proprietary needed. 

tumblr_inline_nq02caZdg81t3hflx_500.gif

😂 

Relax man let's all remember why we love Dewalt.

When that 120v Vac drops it will be the first Cordless Shop Vac in the World.

Full-Size with the ability to throw your adapter on and run all day. 

It hasn't been tons of tools released after flexvolt launch but it has been steady releases. First we got the 3.0/9.0 battery and ope, then we got the track saw, then out of the blue heres a compressor for ya, then we get a mixer and rear handle saw coming soon. Maybe not a zillion tools at once but we have gotten some new flexvolt every few months this year. 

8 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

😂 

Relax man let's all remember why we love Dewalt.

When that 120v Vac drops it will be the first Cordless Shop Vac in the World.

Full-Size with the ability to throw your adapter on and run all day. 

Actually Makita has and x2 vac. Not the backpack one. It looks like their corded vacs.

^^ that's what I thought. I don't think everyone appreciates how much work goes into creating new tools that are job site ready.

The opportunity I think that has gone begging (but probably won't forever) is a 2 x 54V table saw.

I'm also disappointed (and I expect many of you are too) that Dewalt are releasing new tools overseas and the US has to wait longer for them...

Osha silica rules are pushing cordless dust collection/vacuums. Also Dewalt releasing tools in other markets is a test to gauge interest and part of it some tools they know just won't sell like the Flexvolt Alligator saw. Dewalt stuck out when then released a track saw years ago people didn't know what it was about funny thing is Festool is actually helping Dewalt a little in that regard and people see what track saws are about and how useful they can be.

I understand Makita has their x2 vac

But is talking about a cordless vacuum with corded power. 120v Cordless same voltage coming out the wall.

And Yes I will say Dewalt introduced me to the Tracksaw and a little research on YouTube showed the Festool in action. So yes they are partners in the education of consumers about track saws wither they like it or not.

32 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

I understand Makita has their x2 vac

But is talking about a cordless vacuum with corded power. 120v Cordless same voltage coming out the wall.

And Yes I will say Dewalt introduced me to the Tracksaw and a little research on YouTube showed the Festool in action. So yes they are partners in the education of consumers about track saws wither they like it or not.

If I'm not mistaken the Makita is hybrid but power is less on x2 mode.

Big deal they slapped the battery on the track saw. Still no positive stop at 45, no scoring feature, still  need a screw driver to adjust slop out of rails and no good dust bag(what's the point of a cordless track saw that still has a cord i.e. Vacuum hose. Just saying. I appreciate many of the 60v tools and use them but I expected more and better by now. For instance I do expect rafter hook add on accessories, do the right thing dewalt. I do expect the next sawzall to have the 4 position blade holder. Why should dewalt not strive to be better. I try to do the same for my customers.  So sorry for being a whiner I guess I just have higher standards than most.😘

19 hours ago, glass said:

Big deal they slapped the battery on the track saw. Still no positive stop at 45, no scoring feature, still  need a screw driver to adjust slop out of rails and no good dust bag(what's the point of a cordless track saw that still has a cord i.e. Vacuum hose. Just saying. I appreciate many of the 60v tools and use them but I expected more and better by now. For instance I do expect rafter hook add on accessories, do the right thing dewalt. I do expect the next sawzall to have the 4 position blade holder. Why should dewalt not strive to be better. I try to do the same for my customers.  So sorry for being a whiner I guess I just have higher standards than most.😘

I would think a hose would snag less. Milwaukee is adding a 4 position blade holder in the next Sawzall?